Dronexpert gimbal for Phantom Vision

OK I guess not perfect, I just ment skys the limit on these things and the more you spend the better stuff your going to get, DJI made is possible for some one like me to own a cool quad copter that you can take pictures with and the **** thing pretty much flies buy itself. I was into helicopters and wasted a ton of money flying them and crashing them and never could get the hang of it. This thing for under 2K with the better gimbal is a bargan I would say. P.S. I haven bought the better gimbal yet because I only owned the phantom 2 for 2 months and the **** weather is freezing cold in michigan everyday so it sucks to stand out there and the iphone screen isnt realy responsive in the frezing temps.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=68 ... =2&theater

Man I have to be honest here. There is quite a bit of jello in some of the videos I'm seeing. I wonder it has to do with how the gimbal is resting on the mount rather then hanging from underneath. Hmmm.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2

Venom93corba said:
Man I have to be honest here. There is quite a bit of jello in some of the videos I'm seeing. I wonder it has to do with how the gimbal is resting on the mount rather then hanging from underneath. Hmmm.

yeah me 2, i think you can only put a foam on the botom mount to fix that jello distorsion.

What about rather then using the foam you put the original 4 white rubber cushion mount that come with the Phantom? Either that or double up on the foam.

Venom93corba said:

Next time you fly your P2V, hover it in front of you and touch the landing gear legs... then touch the underside of the body. The legs have significantly more vibration. They're long and thin, so are prone to vibration, while the main body is very rigid, and as far from the props as possible. Also, if the Dronexpert gimbal shifts so that the mounting plate is resting against the side of one of the landing gear legs (instead of just resting on the foam pads), these vibration problems will likely be greatly exaggerated. That's probably why there's lots of jello in the videos that are surfacing, in my opinion.

Thanks rotorpixel that makes sense. I can't wait to see how yours comes out. Either way both of these gimbals kick ***.

DiegoF said:
Studiowise said:
DiegoF said:
we have seen more stable videos without jello from "Whitelens"

I agree, i've ordered some drummers Moongel damper pads just in case though so I can build in into my gimbal installation.

So (just in case) you basically replace the original rubbers with these?
Thanks

Yes, where the gimbal 'tray' sits on the Phantom legs. In addition, I have a set of memory foam high decibel ear plugs to fashion into mini jello absorbers when the camera ball is supported. Once tested, I will fine tune :)
Well I'm ready Dronexpert! ARE YOU?

edited to add: I did my own bench tests using my de-propped Vision and Seismometer app. My results led me to get the items i mentioned above. Although I didn't record a video or anything (sorry Pull-up), I found someone who'd done something similar here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3y4Clyf1cw

then I edited to add: Aaaarghh, wait for weeks to get an eta on my gimbal and I've just found out its going to arrive tomorrow - while I am away covering a 3 day wedding! :x :cry: :roll:

FYI just got this email about gimbal status

good to know

Status update on the Gimbals:

Hello Sir/Madam,

We haven't send any update lately so we thought it was time to send you guys an update today.
As you might know we were a bit overwhelmed by the interest in the gimbal. At the moment we work day and night to make sure everyone will receives there gimbal as soon as possible.
Were catching a bit up with the orders now, manufacturing the gimbals takes its time, and quality goes for quantity so every gimbal is going through some serious tests and is manufactured with greatest care.

To give you an indication of the shipping schedule we have made a table. The table is based on minimum productivity capacity, so the delivery table (we have taken into account a lower production capacity than i reality, so probably the delivery times will be slightly lower than on the table underneath)

Orderdate: Estimated shipping date:
Till 31 december all delivered
Till 1 januari 31-1-14 (tommorow/monday)
orders till 12-1-2014 3 - 7 feb.
orders from 13 to 17 januari 10 - 14 feb
orders from 18 to 23 januari 17 - 21 feb
orders from 24 to 26 januari 24 - 28 feb

In the meantime we have received some great reviews, and lot of nice video footage of customers that are happily received there gimbal.

We will keep you updated, also keep an eye out on our facebook page for newest developments, and on our website for latest status updates.

A huge thanks for your patience, and we will keep on working to make sure you will receive your gimbal as soon as possible!

Best regards,
Rob Tiebie
http://www.dronexpert.nl

Yes, where the gimbal 'tray' sits on the Phantom legs. In addition, I have a set of memory foam high decibel ear plugs to fashion into mini jello absorbers when the camera ball is supported. Once tested, I will fine tune :)
Well I'm ready Dronexpert! ARE YOU?

edited to add: I did my own bench tests using my de-propped Vision and Seismometer app. My results led me to get the items i mentioned above. Although I didn't record a video or anything (sorry Pull-up), I found someone who'd done something similar here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3y4Clyf1cw
[/quote]

Interesting solutions however i think that a bit of vibration comes from how is sits the gimbal tray because in my opinion it slide slightly to the Phantom leg, then link the tray with tape maybe it works better.
Have you got your gimbal? :) I oredered mine yesterday and it will arrived in about 3/4 weeks.
Sorry for my English

streetcreep said:
FYI just got this email about gimbal status

good to know

Status update on the Gimbals:

Hello Sir/Madam,

We haven't send any update lately so we thought it was time to send you guys an update today.
As you might know we were a bit overwhelmed by the interest in the gimbal. At the moment we work day and night to make sure everyone will receives there gimbal as soon as possible.
Were catching a bit up with the orders now, manufacturing the gimbals takes its time, and quality goes for quantity so every gimbal is going through some serious tests and is manufactured with greatest care.

To give you an indication of the shipping schedule we have made a table. The table is based on minimum productivity capacity, so the delivery table (we have taken into account a lower production capacity than i reality, so probably the delivery times will be slightly lower than on the table underneath)

Orderdate: Estimated shipping date:
Till 31 december all delivered
Till 1 januari 31-1-14 (tommorow/monday)
orders till 12-1-2014 3 - 7 feb.
orders from 13 to 17 januari 10 - 14 feb
orders from 18 to 23 januari 17 - 21 feb
orders from 24 to 26 januari 24 - 28 feb

In the meantime we have received some great reviews, and lot of nice video footage of customers that are happily received there gimbal.

We will keep you updated, also keep an eye out on our facebook page for newest developments, and on our website for latest status updates.

A huge thanks for your patience, and we will keep on working to make sure you will receive your gimbal as soon as possible!

Best regards,
Rob Tiebie
http://www.dronexpert.nl

Yes I just received this and mine is shipping either tomorrow or Monday :D

CunningStuntFlyer said:
DiegoF said:
...but notice there were strong wind conditions in that video

The amount of wind shouldn't be an issue with a proper gimbal camera setup.

Slowing the shutter speed wih an ND filter should fix the jello.

Sorry,what is ND filter?

DiegoF said:
CunningStuntFlyer said:
DiegoF said:
...but notice there were strong wind conditions in that video

The amount of wind shouldn't be an issue with a proper gimbal camera setup.

Slowing the shutter speed wih an ND filter should fix the jello.

Sorry,what is ND filter?

Neutral Density Filter - reduces or modifies the intensity the light

juarboleda said:
Hi, a question this kit come with Tilt Lever (Little piece in Back TX) gimball ? I cant´see in all videoss...

Yes, the dronexpert gimbal ships with the rear tilt level that operates the tilt MUCH smoother than the app does and you can keep your fingers on the sticks while you tilt - yay!

So I know my DE gimbal is arriving tomorrow in my absence so, to make myself feel better, I built my Mobius HD camera outrigger so I can film the gimbal in action when I get back!

Attachments

• mobious_outrig.jpg
    mobious_outrig.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 413

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT