Dronexpert gimbal for Phantom Vision

oukenfold said:
Geert said:
whitelens said:
OK, here you go . .. #2 Phantom Vision test with Dronexpert Gimbal attached.

http://youtu.be/gbwcHtwzgFc

let me know what we think!
jerry

I think this is a huge improvement comparing with stock gimbal.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Geert.

hi everyone, hust watching the second video love it, i just put my order now, but few questions, in the instruction on the dronexpert gimbal, tell you how to put the 7 channel level on the tx?, why i read that people do not work their 7 channel, so whats going on?
7th channel is very easy. . . wherever the "lever" is, is where the camera is. . . it is pretty straight forward.

Thanks also for all the feedback. . . I'm going to go on a more "professional" shoot on tuesday and will use it there as well. it is forecasted to be windy, so it will be a great test for the gimbal.

Oh, and because I am really starting to like Dronexperts, they have (on their own) contacted me about the "jittering" . . . WOW!!! DJI could learn something from these guys!!!

whitelens said:

jerry

Did you already comment on how well the live stream kept connected to your phone? If not, did you notice any video feed loss sooner than normal when flying away from you? I'm wondering if the gimbal gets in the way of that little antenna inside of the camera. Otherwise everything seems pretty great except for the jitters but that seems like an easy fix.

Thanks for the video!

whitelens said:
Oh, and because I am really starting to like Dronexperts, they have (on their own) contacted me about the "jittering" . . . WOW!!! DJI could learn something from these guys!!!

It's probably because they put out a Facebook post of their own linking to your YouTube video!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 332
Well if I were them I would be linking to your video everywhere I could. Its a perfect video for them, especially as you flew it fast and demonstrated that the rotors in view are not a problem. I think that was essential for them and lets face it only an independent end user video will reassure us.

Studiowise said:
whitelens said:

It's probably because they put out a Facebook post of their own linking to your YouTube video!

WOW . .uh. . ok . . .

YeeaaBoii said:
whitelens said:

jerry

Did you already comment on how well the live stream kept connected to your phone? If not, did you notice any video feed loss sooner than normal when flying away from you? I'm wondering if the gimbal gets in the way of that little antenna inside of the camera. Otherwise everything seems pretty great except for the jitters but that seems like an easy fix.

Thanks for the video!
I did not see any difference in video loss . . . however, my connection has been cutting in and out (bad board or something), so it did go out about twice during this particular test flight. But it was not any different than before. I did get it about 1/4 (half KM) away and it kept the signal.
I'm waiting on my local dealer to get a new batch of PV2 in, then I will buy a new one from them, and send this back to DJI for repair.
Great and valid question

@ whitelens - have you had a chance to check out the odd behaviour you tagged when the camera is facing straight down (4:35+ in your video)?

Studiowise said:
@ whitelens - have you had a chance to check out the odd behaviour you tagged when the camera is facing straight down (4:35+ in your video)?
I did .. The ribbon was catching. . . Dronexpert just told me to give it a little slack, and it fixed the issue. Just fly the camera in 30+ MPH winds and it preformed great!

whitelens said:
Studiowise said:
I did .. The ribbon was catching. . . Dronexpert just told me to give it a little slack, and it fixed the issue. Just fly the camera in 30+ MPH winds and it preformed great!

So, answer one question for me. "Why do you get to have all the fun?"

^^^^^ Yes, I checked on my shipping status of my order made January 13th and was told that they are finishing up with December and soon to start January. Was told that mine should ship in about 2 weeks. Really wondering if they have a whole lot of orders or they are just not set up for the volume that they are realizing at this time. I imagine the latter is the case and once caught up, they should be able to stay caught up or grow as needed. I just can't imagine there are hundreds of orders but then again, maybe so since they seem to have captured the market at this time on this gimbal. I am looking forward to getting mine coming my way. I love the results I am seeing here so far. They are the most responsive!

dastagg said:
^^^^^ Yes, I checked on my shipping status of my order made January 13th and was told that they are finishing up with December and soon to start January. Was told that mine should ship in about 2 weeks. Really wondering if they have a whole lot of orders or they are just not set up for the volume that they are realizing at this time. I imagine the latter is the case and once caught up, they should be able to stay caught up or grow as needed. I just can't imagine there are hundreds of orders but then again, maybe so since they seem to have captured the market at this time on this gimbal. I am looking forward to getting mine coming my way. I love the results I am seeing here so far.

I also purchased jan 13th and was told 2 weeks then, so if you have been told another 2 weeks thats 4 weeks total, what happens when it gets to another 2 weeks time will it still be 2 weeks?

Update, Rob has promised back end of next week so yes its 2 weeks :D
Patience is killing me :lol:

But with the Phantom 2 you have to pay extra for a GoPro to put into the gimbal and you can't control the GoPro in-flight, and pay extra for an FPV rig, and if you're not technically minded pay extra for someone to fit that for you, same goes for live telemetry on battery, height and distance, and then if you want ground station capabilities buy even more hardware to make that happen (versus firmware update for free), and...

But, its horses for courses. Whatever you like to fly, fly safe! :)

Pull_Up said:
But with the Phantom 2 you have to pay extra for a GoPro to put into the gimbal and you can't control the GoPro in-flight, and pay extra for an FPV rig, and if you're not technically minded pay extra for someone to fit that for you, same goes for live telemetry on battery, height and distance, and then if you want ground station capabilities buy even more hardware to make that happen (versus firmware update for free), and...

But, its horses for courses. Whatever you like to fly, fly safe! :)

Exactly! Well said.

whitelens said:

Great news - thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez