DroneShield being deployed by NASCAR

There is no restriction on detection devices. i.e. DroneShield

The jammer ‘gun’ is different.

From their website:

DroneGun MKII has not been authorized as required by the United States Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”). This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, in the United States, other than to the United States government, its agencies, and its properly delegated representatives, until such authorization is obtained. The use of DroneGun MKII in the United States by other persons or entities, including, in certain circumstances, state or local government agencies, is prohibited by federal law. Laws limiting the availability of DroneGun MKII to certain types of users may apply in other jurisdictions, and any sales will be conducted only in compliance with the applicable laws.”
Ok. I get where you are coming from. I guess I was taking the reporting too literally which definitely implies jamming and not detection.

“If you were hoping to get some sweet drone footage of a NASCAR race in progress, you may find your quadcopter grounded unceremoniously by a mysterious force: DroneShield is bringing its anti-drone tech to NASCAR events at the Texas Motor Speedway.”

Flying one of these near a NASCAR race is just plain stupid (never mind the illegal part). There are low flying helos, planes, cars parked and people for acres around. Lots of congestion.

Reactions: Indiana_pyro

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4