Drones Are Saving One Life Per Week, DJI Study Finds

So say the Chinese. For sure there's some truth in their report but until the information is presented in a way that it can be verified independently I classify many of those reports - especially the ones from China - as fake news. Pure self-serving marketing.

So say the Chinese. For sure there's some truth in their report but until the information is presented in a way that it can be verified independently I classify many of those reports - especially the ones from China - as fake news. Pure self-serving marketing.

Troll Alert...

So let's not put our hobby in a good light? Let's just throw out the overused cliche "fake news" because the non-technical article didn't use footnotes?

Really?

I found the article informative and forwarded it to local media along with information on International Drone Day. Happy flying! [emoji2]

I suspect there have been a number of people who's lives were saved thanks to drones, but as Bendix said it would be helpful if this report were the work of independent investigators. And, while finding someone stranded by a flood and having them rescued could be considered a life saved there's no way to know it they would have perished otherwise.

Still, it is useful for DJI to promote such a story if for no other reason than to counterbalance the avalanche of negative press drones get. But, if the story is found to have puffed the stats in an obvious way that could actually backfire.

Brian

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl