DroneDeploy Free User

Reaction score
Hi. i use P4 and i make my first mapping. its 20Ha, but for Free User i just got .obj file for download that map. my question is, what software can open the .obj file?

i try to open with Photoshop but i dont have idea what i have to do.

.obj files contain 3D information and may be imported into many high end 3D graphics programs like AutoCAD, 3D Max, Rhino, and Lightwave. But you can also import it into a free software called Blender. Once you install Blender, you need to use File > Import > Wavefront (obj). If the object is too small to see, you will need to scale it up.

ok thanks. so i have to do just download the software, install, opened, import .obj and i can see just like 3D model on Dronedeploy website / sketchfab right ?

another question, can i combine seperate file into 1 project with one 3D software like u say ? example, i have 4 maps 3D with same area. and i want to combine this into a 1large maps. can i do that ?

You would have to experiment with Blender. I know of Blender, but I do not have any experience with it myself. All I know is you can import a .obj file into it. What your file will look like when imported, I cannot tell you. If you get good results, please let us know.

You would have to experiment with Blender. I know of Blender, but I do not have any experience with it myself. All I know is you can import a .obj file into it. What your file will look like when imported, I cannot tell you. If you get good results, please let us know.
hi. today i try to open on Maya, the result on attachment. i just dont get it how to make like 3D on Dronedeploy

Attachments

• IMG-20180527-WA0011.jpg
    IMG-20180527-WA0011.jpg
    505.5 KB · Views: 640
That's a low-quality file taken from a high altitude. That's probably the only quality you will get with any free version.

Ive also just recently started with Drone deploy, I am getting ready to start a new 30 day trial. I am currently on the hobby user mode (free) and my 1st mapping was pretty low quality (P4Adv). ANyone have experience with the paid version supplying better rending/quality maps?

Ive also just recently started with Drone deploy, I am getting ready to start a new 30 day trial. I am currently on the hobby user mode (free) and my 1st mapping was pretty low quality (P4Adv). ANyone have experience with the paid version supplying better rending/quality maps?
Hi! I have DroneDeploy "Business" subscription but will go to "Pro" next month. As far as I understand from internet reviews and my own experience comparing it to Pix4D and Agisoft, Dronedeploy is better for 3D modelling and it's also easier to process and share data.
Here is some examples of my 3d models shooted by DJI Phantom 4 and processed in DroneDeploy in Construction mode.
60629f608c_8999DF32B5OPENPIPELINE - 3D model by DroneDeploy
26f3810fb2_8999DF32B5OPENPIPELINE - 3D model by DroneDeploy

Hi! I've been using Dronedeploy for 2 years now. But lately I use only the free Dronedeploy map planning tool to create flight paths with automated photo taking. The resulting photos I load into the Agisoft Photogrammetry software to create 3D models. From there I can export the 3D model as an .obj file that can be imported into the HTC Vive VR software Tiltbrush. Using the VR-googles and Tiltbrush immerses you right into the model as if you were there and even allowes for creative editing.

Reactions: NoTech64

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20