Drone winches

Alot of these people on here have no common sense when you ask for help, its all negative bull crap, example- all you can't do that, that's to far, it's illegal, and many more nonsense replys. They can't just give good constructive advice instead of preaching at you, and you sad people know who you are so now i have really gave you something to preach about, come on know it alls
You picked a great name “Dark flyer” for yourself. Perfect

You'd be needing something like this:
AS350-09-lr.jpg
Now you are
You'd be needing something like this:
AS350-09-lr.jpg
I was assumoming this was a joke.

Not trying to be condescending or anything --- but you seem like a newbie to drones and their current capabilities?

While I can admire your "shoot for the moon" ideas about delivering tasty snacks to your hunting buddies 2 miles deep in the woods, I think you got your head swirling around in the clouds and need to come back down to Earth and smell some reality.

Current U.S. regulations don't want anyone flying a drone more than about a 1000 feet away because that would be the practical limit on "Line of Sight" piloting. Anything beyond that is considered autonomous and falls within the realm of secret military operations.

Also, it would take a fairly expensive drone to carry a 5-6 kg payload up to 2 miles away --- winch it down to the hungry hunters --- and then be able to make it to the launch point for a landing. This would be really stretching the capabilities of battery-powered drones as they exist right now.

Plus, have you given thought to the idea that winching down a tasty lunch through many tree branches is a good way for the winch cable to get snagged and pull down the drone to a nasty crash in the forest? I know you wanna feed your brohs via drone delivery -- but sacrificing a $10,000+ drone every time you wanna do that seems like a hobby only Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos could afford !!

Strangely enough, I've already been sorta doing what you want to do on a smaller scale. I installed the UBuyWeRush device on my P3 Pro last summer and it can easily carry small payloads of around 1/2 pound up to a mile away and then I can easily air-drop the load from a safe height where the drone won't get snagged in tree branches. I would suggest attempting these small payloads at short distances to give you an idea of where drone delivery is headed for the future!

Phantom 3 & 4 All Version Payload Release (Nightglow Edition)

Reactions: Slim.Slamma
Other than a lot of researching and talking to people like you guys, we area newbies. We just purchased our first real (advanced)drone, a phantom 4 pro plus. We purchased it to further advance our flying skills and get a real understanding of how drones work. We will not be delivering food and supplies 2 miles away, just want that kind of range to implement the other services we plan to experiment with. Providing potential land buyers with a live bird's-eye view of the land they are looking at, search and rescue of very expensive hunting dogs that get lost daily and of course people( especially young childten) that wander off from there families. We are located in a very rural area that is nothing but forest, fields, rivers and nature. There are a lot of things we see that we can do and we are trying to get a drone that can multitask for us as we figure out what will work and what won't. We are only going to be testing out ideas and coming up with new ones as we move forward. We have a lot to learn and a lot of research to do. So I thank all of you for any advice that you have and steering Us in the right direction.

... We will also be doing search and retrieval of hunting dogs that get lost, and search and rescue of people....
You may also want to train your dogs & people to find & retrieve a lost drone.

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
Not trying to be condescending or anything --- but you seem like a newbie to drones and their current capabilities?

While I can admire your "shoot for the moon" ideas about delivering tasty snacks to your hunting buddies 2 miles deep in the woods, I think you got your head swirling around in the clouds and need to come back down to Earth and smell some reality.

Current U.S. regulations don't want anyone flying a drone more than about a 1000 feet away because that would be the practical limit on "Line of Sight" piloting. Anything beyond that is considered autonomous and falls within the realm of secret military operations.

Also, it would take a fairly expensive drone to carry a 5-6 kg payload up to 2 miles away --- winch it down to the hungry hunters --- and then be able to make it to the launch point for a landing. This would be really stretching the capabilities of battery-powered drones as they exist right now.

Plus, have you given thought to the idea that winching down a tasty lunch through many tree branches is a good way for the winch cable to get snagged and pull down the drone to a nasty crash in the forest? I know you wanna feed your brohs via drone delivery -- but sacrificing a $10,000+ drone every time you wanna do that seems like a hobby only Bill Gates or Jeff Bezos could afford !!

Strangely enough, I've already been sorta doing what you want to do on a smaller scale. I installed the UBuyWeRush device on my P3 Pro last summer and it can easily carry small payloads of around 1/2 pound up to a mile away and then I can easily air-drop the load from a safe height where the drone won't get snagged in tree branches. I would suggest attempting these small payloads at short distances to give you an idea of where drone delivery is headed for the future!

Thanks for your advice

You may also want to train your dogs & people to find & retrieve a lost drone.
There not my dogs nor my people but I will keep that in mind. I guess you've never heard of children getting lost in the woods on camping trips or wondering away from there homes and getting lost. So you know , hunting dogs of select bloodlines can cost thousands of dollars a dog and they get lost everyday during hunting season. And I've been on several search parties looking for lost children that wondered off from home and from there families while camping, When the temperature is going down to below freezing that very night and time is running out for that child's life. This would be a great life saver if that should happen again and God Forbid it probably will. But thank you for your advice.

Alot of these people on here have no common sense when you ask for help, its all negative bull crap, example- all you can't do that, that's to far, it's illegal, and many more nonsense replys. They can't just give good constructive advice instead of preaching at you, and you sad people know who you are so now i have really gave you something to preach about, come on know it alls
Well said sir.

Custom Projects - VulcanUAV
Google Image Result for http://vulcanuav.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/winch-UAV1-3000.jpg

The UAV smart winch developed by us for delivery of light payloads to areas where landing is not possible (such as the top of wind turbines), or for placing of equipment or sensors in hard to reach or no access locations (with the addition of our remotely operated dropping hook – not shown here). The smart winch is integrated into one of our removable quick release landing gear systems for quick swapping of different payloads for different functions.

The winch is almost entirely automated as it must be able to operate well away from clear view of the pilot operator. A downward facing camera is fitted, and the winch is able to monitor it’s position at all times enabling the operator to have no worries about deployment height or correct retraction. A simple three positon switch is all that is needed to operate all winch functions. A number of safety systems are included such as overload protection, signal loss, positional override reset and even an emergency escape procedure in case the winch line were to get tangled or hooked to something on the ground.

Custom Drones | DJI & Custom Drones: Best Price & Warranty | Rise Above
Thank you SLIM SLAMMA for the info on Vulcan uav. I am contacting them immediately . I used the link and checked out there site and they are really on top of this technology. The winch attachment they have developed looks awesome man. They say they custom build to fit the needs of the customer and this sounds like just what I need. I don't know how I have overlooked there website. Have you ever dealt with them before? Thanks again brother.

Thanks for the input

Don’t thank me
It’s a community effort that’s how we roll.
We fight but we help each other out.
@Meta4 is good people, excellent member of the community.

Never dealt with Vulcan before but I got friends I could ask on your behalf.

P
Don’t thank me

Please do and let me know. I knew joining phantom pilots would deliver good results.

Don’t thank me

Yeah. I jumped the gun on that response and I apologize. I got warned by the director of this site. I did not realize that I said anything that far out of the way but I stand corrected and will not leave feelings laying out there to be touched on again LOL

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik