Drone shooting - illegal in the United States

I am curious, what is your opinion of small aircraft that fly over a nudist camp I know of? They go slow & low... public? Or no?
A nudist camp is pubblic property.Nobody can ever own a beach for example.Or a state park.
Second ,anything above 50m is fair game.Thats at least how it is where I live.

This is all BS anyway. With my P3 Pro I would have to be 15 feet above a pool chair to actually see clearly the person. And that would sound like a swarm of bumble-bees to the pool deck. Get a clue people. If I can see your wife's "stuff" at 400', you need a smaller wife! There are no zoom lenses and "whisper" modes on these birds. You have more a a chance to be hit by bird crap while on your pool chair.
Hahaha very funny comment :))) I have to agree ,you can't see any personal features at 120meters or even 50 meters.There is just no way to see anything.Besides we film beautiful landscapes . Who gives a [EXPLETIVE REMOVED] about ugly people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha very funny comment :))) I have to agree ,you can't see any personal features at 120meters or even 50 meters.There is just no way to see anything.Besides we film beautiful landscapes . Who gives a about ugly people.
Mouth

Last edited:
A nudist camp is pubblic property.Nobody can ever own a beach for example.Or a state park.
Second ,anything above 50m is fair game.Thats at least how it is where I live.
This one is privately owned as many are. I am not talking about a public beach or park.

I wonder if people would be as adamant about shooting down a drone without a camera as they are about a drone with a camera? Is it the camera itself that wigs people out?
It's the same old thing, fear, they fear what they don't know or understand. I'm a gun owner, and licensed to carry both on my side and concealed, and I hate the NRA, can't stand the power they wield, too much money and politics involved at this point. That said, I also feel those with license and permitted to carry, are Law abiders, by nature or we couldn't get the said permission to carry. I'd never think of putting 45cal rounds, or God forbid a fast long .357 or Long Rifle .22 up in the air to land miles away unchecked! It's unsafe, even if you don't miss, unethical, and un-American! Those suckers can go out and kill animals in the name of their hobby, but the drone or UAVers should be shot outta the sky? BS!

By the way, if you shoot my drone down, you should be on notice that I may be in fear of mine, or others life's, and if that's the case, I am within the law to protect myself! And I am a hell of a good shot[emoji88]
I am in no way of course promoting or condoning the use of force on anyone. And of course I am not saying shooting my drone means that I would shoot that person. It has to be noted however, that in the fast paced world of action and reaction, that someone opening fire on anything or anyone, can be construed as an aggressive individual, and certainly at that point, has leveled his rights, directed at your property, and what's to say this same Ahole isn't going to then bully, or push you into an act, and you can't reason with a guy who is shooting UAVs out of the sky, they clearly don't hold YOUR rights very close to their heart. So that was my point, someone already shooting stuff out of the sky is most likely going to be highly agitated and possibly, seeing he has broken the law, may want to also have no witnesses if you were out in the boonies. Of course these are rare and hypothetical, but can't you see a madman wanting to hurt the person operating the craft, after shooting it down? I can certainly correlate the two, and it wouldn't seem that far a stretch for them to take it further. I can say this, man I'd so hope he had to roll the bolt, or cycle said weapon before firing at my wife or myself, vs it being ready to fire.

I've only had one, maybe two instances my whole life where I thought a guy was acting weird enough where I felt maybe our lives were in danger, but I cannot imagine after having my drone SHOT out of the sky, that everyone's pulse would be running at full speed, tempers would be rising, chances are your out in the country or something, that's a scary thing if u think about it
Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Some of those comments make a pretty good case for tighter gun control laws....there appears to be fair number of mentally unbalanced people waving their weapons around!

We don't need any more "gun control Laws" for pete's sake, it's the People that are the culprit's not the guns...education and taking care of the mentally disturbed is the answer.

Some of those comments make a pretty good case for tighter gun control laws....there appears to be fair number of mentally unbalanced people waving their weapons around!
Don't go there.

Obviously you have not seen freeway traffic during rush hour have you?

What we need is more "stupid control," be it on a highway, towards a drone, within our legislation, etc., etc.

Reactions: henick
how soon until we can purchase air space? I'd like some near the beach :-D

Reactions: TWP723

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31