Drone shooting - illegal in the United States

Reactions: dirkclod
If you're near an airport you could have aircraft activity. They could also be crop-dusters. Shooting at them is NOT advised.
No they ain't dusting and no air fields within 10 mile .

See, you just wouldn't have this issue in the UK, we are not allowed to fly over anyone to enable them to shoot us down! :)

See, you just wouldn't have this issue in the UK, we are not allowed to fly over anyone to enable them to shoot us down! :)

When you say "flyover", is there a minimal distance to keep? Or TRY to keep?

Yes, we are not allowed to fly within 50m of people or buildings that are not under the operators control.

We have similarities here in the states as far as that goes. Common sense is your best guide.

The FBI should investigate and prosecute anyone shooting a drone.

The FAA should start hauling these local, county and state "lawmakers" to court and squashing their local rules that infringe on the airspace.

What is with lawmakers and law enforcement that always want to create new laws when they don't even enforce the existing ones? Things like minimum altitudes over towns, outright drone "bans", etc are a reaction to the slow FAA UAS rule finalization, but come on! There are already perfectly usable ordinances in place; such a public endangerment, disturbing the peace, harrasment, and peeping-tom laws.

Anyone that takes the law into their own hands, and uses a firearm against an aircraft, deserves to be incarcerated. Drone users that endanger people, disturb the peace, harass neighbors, or use them for voyeurism should be investigated, charged if appropriate, then given their day in court.

Common sense seems to have evaporated.

Reactions: henick
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's public. Mainly, because I think it would be hard to prove the "low" and the "slow" part of it. How does the nudists know what my altitude is? How do they know if I'm "slowing up"? What if that's my approach to an airport? Low and slow? Of course if there's an airport close by? LOL
Really only 3 reasons to configure into low and slow.
1. Training and that's required at altitude and over non populated areas in case the pilot does an oh no.
2. Inspecting for emergency landing and intensely looking at landing surface or conserving fuel
3. Observing ground activity at a nuddie booty camp.

Reactions: henick
This is all BS anyway. With my P3 Pro I would have to be 15 feet above a pool chair to actually see clearly the person. And that would sound like a swarm of bumble-bees to the pool deck. Get a clue people. If I can see your wife's "stuff" at 400', you need a smaller wife! There are no zoom lenses and "whisper" modes on these birds. You have more a a chance to be hit by bird crap while on your pool chair.

It's simple really. Remove the right to bare arms. I still can't believe in this day and age it's the Americans 'right' to carry a gun. *bangs head against wall*

When you can assure me that all illegal and unregistered guns have been confiscated and out of the hands of criminals, whackos, and other mentally challenged individuals, THEN come after my legal and lawfully obtained firearms. You can't. But I'll fly my drones and R/C aircraft within the confines of our laws, and will exercise my right to lawful gun ownership as well.

Reactions: DennyBoBenny
It's simple really. Remove the right to bare arms. I still can't believe in this day and age it's the Americans 'right' to carry a gun. *bangs head against wall*
SMDH - no...move to England ... What's wrong with sleeveless shirts anyway.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: DennyBoBenny
There is now pending legislation in the US....to ban ALL UAV-UAS.
Well because some muppet proposes a stupid law doesn't mean it will pass. They propose laws all the time just to get their name in the paper, knowing full well that it won't pass.

What's wrong with sleeveless shirts anyway.

Absolutely nutin.
images0I4I5M4O.jpg

Really thought this paragraph was interesting:

In response to a question from a Forbes reporter, the FAA cited statute 18 USC 32. The aircraft sabotage law authorizes prosecution of anyone who damages an aircraft or commits a violent act against persons operating the aircraft, or even in the aircraft, should that act endanger the safety of the aircraft. Exactly what constitutes an “act of violence” is not defined in the statute, but clearly shooting a drone or its pilot would qualify.

The law states air craft not UAV's which is a drone. Go back a read the FAA laws which explains the difference.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj