Drone Seen over Love Field in Dallas

Get ready, I'm sure we'll hear more of the same in the coming months.

Honestly, this about educating new flyers. But then we have people within the community, veteran RC pilots, that disregard "common sense" approach and conversations to flying with others. And they, by speaking that there are no "laws" restricting their flights only encourages the newbs to do whatever.

We have to police our own at this point, otherwise laws will be applied beyond what we believe to be reasonable to enjoy the hobby or the entrepreneurial opportunities many are hoping for.

I've never advocated laws, but in light of the mass appeal, something is going to happen to limit our freedoms of flight. Enjoy it while you can....expect DJI and others to hardcode flight restriction further. Accept the FW upgrades or be grounded.

Reactions: SilverStone641
Get ready, I'm sure we'll hear more of the same in the coming months.

Honestly, this about educating new flyers. But then we have people within the community, veteran RC pilots, that disregard "common sense" approach and conversations to flying with others. And they, by speaking that there are no "laws" restricting their flights only encourages the newbs to do whatever.

We have to police our own at this point, otherwise laws will be applied beyond what we believe to be reasonable to enjoy the hobby or the entrepreneurial opportunities many are hoping for.

I've never advocated laws, but in light of the mass appeal, something is going to happen to limit our freedoms of flight. Enjoy it while you can....expect DJI and others to hardcode flight restriction further. Accept the FW upgrades or be grounded.

I can see in the far future instead of having flight restrictions they will come out with a firmware that ONLY allows you to fly in Registered Drone Parks!! Limiting you to fly in a special area approved by FAA / Local officials. Its stupid how people don't think before they post a video of them taking their drone to 4,000 feet just to "Look Cool" or purposely go to largely populated areas to fly just so they can try and make a point.

They are ruining it for the rest of us who take great pride in the hobby and fly only where it is safe.

See my earlier posts about stupid people doing things that put our hobby in a negative light.
Sadly, like everything else, just because you have the money to purchase it, it doesn't mean you have the intelligence to operate it responsibly.

If the foolish use of a drone ever directly causes an airplane crash, then all drones will be confiscated and, if you are ever caught using one, you will be in major trouble.

Maybe this is what it's coming to. :(

I have yet to see a video or even a photo supplied for evidence.
Or just a smartphone on the ground could pick up the SSID which contains part of the mac address.

I have yet to see a video or even a photo supplied for evidence.
Or just a smartphone on the ground could pick up the SSID which contains part of the mac address.

Airline pilots who spot drones aren't filming video when they're landing. At least I hope not.

Yes, I do.

Youtube is full of evidence of idiots flying drones. It's not farfetched to think reckless consumers are flying where they're not supposed to. We had one here on this board bragging about it and his entitlement to do it.

Idiots fly Phantoms - fact
The FAA and airline pilots are conspiring to ruin our fun - theory

If you have a well-thought out Conspiracy Theory, I'd love to hear it. I wouldn't want to hijack this thread, so it might be appropriate to create a new one.

I just can't see sitting around wringing our hands over every report of a stupid flyer. They were there back when, they are here today, and they'll still be with us in the future. You simply cannot fix stupid. There's no need to keep worrying needlessly about something we have absolutely no control over. I just wish they could catch a few of these idiots and make an example out of them. That would give me a big 'ole smile.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic