Drone scam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
This just happened. A client called to ask pricing on a fast-track construction project. He wants on site aerial stills taken at 400’ and 200’ in the cardinal directions to document the progress for 26 days in a row weather permitting. Oh and He is in the hospital recovering from Covid so he cannot meet you. He also wants a short video lived streamed to him in the hospital. And he wants some ground shots. And all this in restricted Class C airspace with a 150ft AGL limit so the job requires phone calls to ATC every day that you fly. No problem to get the COA. He gets the price and accepts. He then asks for a favor. Since he’s in the hospital for some reason he cannot pay his architect while he’s in the hospital can you pay the architect $5000.00. He offers to pay for the job upfront with a credit card. It’s all a scam. Who sits down and thinks I’m going to scam drone pilots? Another drone pilot out of work. Lol. Be careful out there

Someone that’s phishing.
Just waiting to reel someone in.
He may get lucky.
What’s that saying......... Sucker born every minute?

Reactions: dronesky
Still waiting on my inheritance from the Nigerian Prince. I wired them the money for the taxes 6 months ago. And they're not answering my e-mails. That's OK, my Mavic Air Pro that I got for only $299 should be here any day now. I'm taking it with me on my free vacation to Disneyland that I won just for "liking" their FB page.

And as soon as it clears the paper glitch in customs, my kilo of gold that I bought for only $400 an ounce should be here.

Yup, classic. Been around the photography industry for 25+ years. Must work on some or they wouldn’t still be trying. Common sense!!! Hope he croaks on the virus.

This just happened. A client called to ask pricing on a fast-track construction project. He wants on site aerial stills taken at 400’ and 200’ in the cardinal directions to document the progress for 26 days in a row weather permitting. Oh and He is in the hospital recovering from Covid so he cannot meet you. He also wants a short video lived streamed to him in the hospital. And he wants some ground shots. And all this in restricted Class C airspace with a 150ft AGL limit so the job requires phone calls to ATC every day that you fly. No problem to get the COA. He gets the price and accepts. He then asks for a favor. Since he’s in the hospital for some reason he cannot pay his architect while he’s in the hospital can you pay the architect $5000.00. He offers to pay for the job upfront with a credit card. It’s all a scam. Who sits down and thinks I’m going to scam drone pilots? Another drone pilot out of work. Lol. Be careful out there

wow always a new SCAM out there thats a first iv herd of this one , thanks for sharing

Yes sir you need to go to the Walmart and get the Google play card. Get you the 2000 dollar Google play card so read me the number on the back. No you can only use the Google play card because we professional company have agreement and partner with Walmart so you can get it there and make payment.

Geeze...that's a new one for the books.

I teach a computer 101 class at a local retirement home. 50% of my lessons involve security. I'm pretty proud to say that my students are scam proof. Now, instead of falling for scams, they print them up and bring them to class so we can all laugh and learn. "Scam baiting" is kind of a hobby of mine, so I always share my pile-o-checks with the class, too. Good times.

D

What’s that saying......... Sucker born every minute?

David Harum expanded the quote, "there's a sucker born every minute and two to catch him,"

The amount of time and expense is so small compared to just one successful transaction.

And don't forget the ever popular scam "Your PC has been infected with a virus. DON'T Turn Off Your PC" Call 1-800-OKP-CFIX

Twice I received a call telling me I won a free 5 day cruise on Princess Cruise Lines after the Pandemic started. My Amazon account has been frozen and I need to verify my information. Or the Student Loans I owe . The PC virus, Numerous attempts have been made on your account please verify now. The schemes and scams have been numerous. The voice on the calls seem to all have a Indian accent. I wonder if it's the guy who has millions and wants to share it with me ?. Even ones you thought you trusted like Progressive insurance raising rates when they have no claims. Be safe. Trust no one.

Still waiting on my inheritance from the Nigerian Prince. I wired them the money for the taxes 6 months ago. And they're not answering my e-mails. That's OK, my Mavic Air Pro that I got for only $299 should be here any day now. I'm taking it with me on my free vacation to Disneyland that I won just for "liking" their FB page.
Thats because they sent it to ME. But if you'll cash my $8500.00 cashiers check and send me the $3,500, you can keep the $5,000 for the job....?

Can't believe some of the post here and only deleted the political ones.
You guys are better than to go on like this and it stops now.

Sorry Closed.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers