Drone Repair

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

New member here just wanting to ask a few questions around drone repairs.

I am looking to set up a drone repair business in Sheffield UK, I will be going online though so that people will be able to send their drones from all over the UK.

What is the current situation regarding drone repairs? ie. Would you say there are enough at present.

What is the most common repairs you have needed?

Please feel free to get involved in this thread and I will answer any questions that you may have.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Just my guess is gimbal and leg repair. Seems to be plenty to repair in the USA. I‘m thinking you would be busy over there too.
Good luck and hope it works out for you!

Reactions: iDroneRepair
Think you will do well considering the requests on this forum, from UK. Of course, all depends on you.

#1 Gimbles, #2 camera, #3 bodies/legs, #4 remotes/batteries

Good luck

Reactions: iDroneRepair
Thanks @Starz and @Capt KO for your responses we take all comments on board.

This does seem to tie in with other members are saying in regards to Gimbals, Cameras, Bodies, Legs and Controllers.

There seems to be a current lack of drone repairers in the UK.

Do you struggle to find drone repairers in the US?

Thanks @Starz and @Capt KO for your responses we take all comments on board.

This does seem to tie in with other members are saying in regards to Gimbals, Cameras, Bodies, Legs and Controllers.

There seems to be a current lack of drone repairers in the UK.

Do you struggle to find drone repairers in the US?
We have many choices. Quality varies though. Have good ones here on the forum.

Your problem is getting the spare parts I have tried to get the antenna that go into the gimbal on a phantom 3 standard no stock anywhere I have tried all over the world in the last month. I wish you look.

Hi @gray47

Thanks for your reply.

We have found a few suppliers for the parts that we need although there are certain parts that are a bit harder to get hold of.

I have just done a quick search for the part you are after, if you Google DJI Phantom Part 97 it should show you the part in question.

Here is a link for you to have a look at Genuine DJI Phantom 3 2.4g Antenna Part 97 Standard - New - Free Shipping | eBay

I hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

Regards,

Matt

[edited by Admin]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that I have looked at this but have put drone together with one I found with the right connections not tried if yet but think I will not have the range. This is a young lads I have repaired so if it works I will let you know. By the way just the gray one had broken cost about £7.

Reactions: Capt KO
Just tried drone out got to 65 metres without losing video signal. Young lad very happy. If you want details about antenna and where to get then let me know.I don’t know how far you could get with then all I know is that they are 2.4 g with ufl connections.

Reactions: Capt KO
I mostly had leg repairs and camera repairs for my drone, but it cost me too much, so I started experimenting with DIY. Found some cool ways to create replacement parts out of wood and adjust it in a way to fit it. It's cheaper than buying original parts or a new drone and since I have the best benchtop jointer to use it's easy to create even tiny parts that require more detailed work. I know that it sounds awkward to use such a tool for something high tech but if you don't experiment you can't innovate.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan