Drone repair shop recommendation

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I've tried everything. I had one drone that crashed and the gimbal started dancing. I adjusted the horizon line. That worked for awhile. Then it went bad again. I got a new ribbon cable. That didn't work. So I ordered another refurbished P3 standard. Ok, back in action. Then this bonehead landed his drone in the driveway for a minute while I ran inside to get something. My father in law runs over it. So I think I'll Frankenstein my good body (the drone, not mine) and the good pieces from the 2 cameras. No bones. It still dances.

After hours of taking it apart and putting it together with different part configurations, I give up. Where would you guys recommend sending in my baby to get repaired?

Thank you,

Chris

You can find some repair shops here.

FYI, @hunch = UAV Repair Shop

Reactions: hunch
Ignore my last comment. I'm getting confused by who's writing messages. Must be from working on my bird until 2:30 am 2 nights in a row. I'll PM you @hunch.

Reactions: hunch
I found several online, but any personal recommendations?

Bought my P3P from Drone Nerds (they're physically located near Miami). After my latest crash (the first serious crash) I managed to effect repairs on my own, but I bought the parts from Drone Nerds. They very quickly identified what I would need, cross-linked the parts in an email back to me and were extremely helpful, even supportive, as I accomplished my own repair.

They are an authorized DJI repair center and have provisions for both repair and "crash insurance" on new and repaired quads. The info for what they do and how they do it is on their web site.

Art - N4PJ
Leesburg, FL

Reactions: macoman
I was going to recommend Hunch - but somebody beat me to it! He's been fantastic in all my dealings with him. Not to say others wouldn't be as well but he's the only one I've had experience with. Can't recommend him highly enough.

I was going to recommend Hunch - but somebody beat me to it! He's been fantastic in all my dealings with him. Not to say others wouldn't be as well but he's the only one I've had experience with. Can't recommend him highly enough.

I did end up sending to him. So far I've been impressed with his communication with me. That's all I have to go by at this point but he is obviously very experienced in this field.

So today, I put in new brains in my frankencopter! Last year around Thanksgiving, I had a hard crash and tore up a lot of stuff. I put her back together again but I've been suspicious of a few components on the ESC main board that I re soldered and glued back down with that 9-second ultraviolet plastic stuff! Been saving up and finally bought a new ESC board (part 33, old style board). That's my project today! I'm a little hesitant to load it up with the new BIOs though as I've experienced issues. Not sure how to back load an older bios on the RC as well. Getting "device CPU fully loaded" error and I don't know if it's coming from the RC Controller or the updated DJI Go app. Never had it before. Crappy video and reduced range.

Attachments

• IMG_0118.JPG
    IMG_0118.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 262
I did end up sending to him. So far I've been impressed with his communication with me. That's all I have to go by at this point but he is obviously very experienced in this field.

hi cbrownknox,

hopefully everything is going well with your repairs.
just courius to know how your experience is going with hunch.
I've recently deal with him. communication was great at the beginning but once I paid
for the repairs the communication wasn't so great.

thanks,
jesse.

Hello folks,

I've tried everything. I had one drone that crashed and the gimbal started dancing. I adjusted the horizon line. That worked for awhile. Then it went bad again. I got a new ribbon cable. That didn't work. So I ordered another refurbished P3 standard. Ok, back in action. Then this bonehead landed his drone in the driveway for a minute while I ran inside to get something. My father in law runs over it. So I think I'll Frankenstein my good body (the drone, not mine) and the good pieces from the 2 cameras. No bones. It still dances.

After hours of taking it apart and putting it together with different part configurations, I give up. Where would you guys recommend sending in my baby to get repaired?

Thank you,

Chris
I just had my P3P
Hello folks,

Thank you,

Chris
Anyone have any drone repair recommendations for the San Francisco Bay Area?
Anyone have any drone repair recommendations for the San Francisco Bay Area?
I just had my P3P reprogrammed by GDrone on Hayward, CA (510-861-9671.). Very professional and very competent. They also do repairs. I'm satisfied.l

Cloud City Drones in Warwick, RI is an authorized DJI repair shop. They test fly the drone before shipping it back which I really like.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl