Drone Registration

MPG

Reaction score
I registered my drone as a hobiest and have since taken and passed the 107, currently waiting to receive plastic. Either I read, was told, or dreamed that I have to re-register my drone now that I am a “professional” pilot. Was this a bad dream or do I actually need to do this?

I registered my drone as a hobiest and have since taken and passed the 107, currently waiting to receive plastic. Either I read, was told, or dreamed that I have to re-register my drone now that I am a “professional” pilot. Was this a bad dream or do I actually need to do this?
Define professional pilot:) me like some here are extreme hobbyist, I got no 107 but if I wanted to earn $$$$ of photos or footage I would need this,,,depends what you want to do,,I'm also guessing this will become law for all of use soon,,,,,,hope I word that right

You'll need to register each drone individually under Part 107 here for drones you're going to fly under Part 107 rules. You don't need to re-register for any drones you're only going to fly under Section 336 rules.

Reactions: BigAl07 and sar104
Thanks for the link, easy peasy they got my $10 for registering both units, all they really wanted.

Thanks for the link, easy peasy they got my $10 for registering both units, all they really wanted.

You really think that $5 registration is even paying for the processing etc involved? It's a token amount and minimal to say the least.

Just be glad it’s all online, if you had to send in paperwork you would probably be waiting till fall to get anything back, we’re still waiting on paperwork sent in last Year hah

Just be glad it’s all online, if you had to send in paperwork you would probably be waiting till fall to get anything back, we’re still waiting on paperwork sent in last Year hah

You used Part 47 for registration?

We've gone that route and it only took about 4 weeks from the day I mailed it until I got the return paperwork in the mail.

Sorry BigA107
I should have been more specific
I was just being generalizing as to how long the FEDS have been to respond and return all paperwork not the registration specifically

Reactions: BigAl07
Sorry BigA107
I should have been more specific
I was just being generalizing as to how long the FEDS have been to respond and return all paperwork not the registration specifically

Ahh that makes sense :)

Define professional pilot:) me like some here are extreme hobbyist, I got no 107 but if I wanted to earn $$$$ of photos or footage I would need this,,,depends what you want to do,,I'm also guessing this will become law for all of use soon,,,,,,hope I word that right

Professional is amateur who gets paid.

Professional is amateur who gets paid.

Not exactly.... a Commercial Pilot/Operator is one who gets paid. A Professional is determined by HOW they work and the quality of their work. Commercial does NOT automatically equal professional.... honestly many times the two are not the same.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj