Drone Registration Application

Reaction score
Greetings,

I own a Phantom 3 Pro and have been flying for a few months now here in the Los Angeles area. I am also the cohost of a podcast that focuses on the difference between citizenship under Art. IV of the Constitution and the citizenship created by the 14th Amendment.

While it is a matter of personal opinion, I feel the advantages of being a citizen under Art. IV is better than being a citizen under the 14th Amendment. Unfortunately the FAA has made the drone registration process only available to 14th Amendment citizens.

Most of the people today that are Art. IV citizens are generally not engaged with the general public, often they can be found in populations of Mennonites, Amish and other more closed groups. I am testing the political theory of living a modern life as an Art. IV citizen, and one of those tests is the FAA Drone registration requirement.

I'm curious if anyone in this group has noticed that FAA Drone registration is limited to only U.S. citizens, and if there is anyone who has any experience with this?

Thanks!

The requirement for Drone registration falls under the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 14. As far as I know the FARs are applicable to ALL US citizens and foreigners who operate in the US and territories.

I've been working in aviation for almost 40 years and seen many people try to challenge the legality of the FARs. 99% of the time when you blatantly try to challenge the FAA and their authority, you're not going to be a happy camper in the end.

My 2 cents.

Reactions: Falcon900
Greetings FLYBOYJ,

Thanks for the heads up on compliance, but this isn't my first rodeo dealing with the state.

Recently, I'm sure you heard that a case was won where non-commercial hobby drones do not have to be registered, that ruling means the FARs are not applicable to all U.S. citizens.

While I am very happy that this court win happened, it does have a hole in it where Congress could still require all drones to be registered (unlikely because they will have to also register all RC Aircraft). So this win would be the 1% where challenging the FAA doesn't lead to heartach (or much heartach).

But for now the wind has been taken out of my project, and I'll have to find another along these lines.

The requirement for Drone registration falls under the Code of Federal Regulations, Title 14. As far as I know the FARs are applicable to ALL US citizens and foreigners who operate in the US and territories.

I've been working in aviation for almost 40 years and seen many people try to challenge the legality of the FARs. 99% of the time when you blatantly try to challenge the FAA and their authority, you're not going to be a happy camper in the end.

My 2 cents.

Reactions: FLYBOYJ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.