Drone Painting

Reaction score
Is there a place I can send my P3P to be painted or hydrodipped? I have looked online and have yet to find a specific place that can do it. Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not cheap!!

Hydrographic Dip theme your Phantom 3 Professional or Advanced Shell

Otherwise design your own skin!
Make Your Own DJI Phantom 3 Skin | DecalGirl

Just had DecalGirl do a custom for me and they are great folks to deal with . Only issue I had with the skin is the TX is one piece
and not 4 .Wasn't gonna use that anyway but just saying .Had the same design done by Roccity I believe and that got trashed .
Only 30 bucks for your design and has 4 battery skins , Love em
Looks off here but just grabbed a shot Dixie 1.jpg and ya can put whatever ya want on it where ever .dixie.jpg

Just had DecalGirl do a custom for me and they are great folks to deal with . Only issue I had with the skin is the TX is one piece
and not 4 .Wasn't gonna use that anyway but just saying .Had the same design done by Roccity I believe and that got trashed .
Only 30 bucks for your design and has 4 battery skins , Love em
Looks off here but just grabbed a shot View attachment 48303 and ya can put whatever ya want on it where ever .View attachment 48304
This is the same one right? I believe you posted this in the thread I started a couple days ago about showing off custom decals ,paint, etc. I saved the pic cause I live in Fort Worth TX and had to show yours to my buddy, he's a HUGE Southern Heritage, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Calf Roping Good Ole boy. Who just recently bought a P3P also. I think you have inspired him and he may I fact just copy yours design. But hey, imitation is the best form of flattery they say.

1c0e6c4e5b7ecaee6be5dcb40f6d8144.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
This is the same one right? I believe you posted this in the thread I started a couple days ago about showing off custom decals ,paint, etc. I saved the pic cause I live in Fort Worth TX and had to show yours to my buddy, he's a HUGE Southern Heritage, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Calf Roping Good Ole boy. Who just recently bought a P3P also. I think you have inspired him and he may I fact just copy yours design. But hey, imitation is the best form of flattery they say.

1c0e6c4e5b7ecaee6be5dcb40f6d8144.jpg
No problem here and that site saves your stuff in your account . Will give ya that but has that name there . Don't know if you have played on the site but you can make the name as big ,little nor whatever you want and really is cool . Ya download whatever ya want to make your skin with and go form there .Here's the flag I used and was almost to small for their template .
1E98E0BF-F0FF-4107-B899-FC70A625BE11_small.jpg The first one I had made was 50 bucks from that other Co. and was off so bad after dealing with them I just tore it up and won't even tell ya what I told them :rolleyes: Saw this place in here for 30 bucks and well worth it .
I will say this , the first one they sent had a slight flaw with the name and sent a picture back to them and even talked with them and they fixed it and had it in the mail the next day .I don't do endorsements but can't say enough about them .
That white line that looks like it's not placed right is ....just part of the white line in flag .:)

I have a friend who owns a company that does painting and hydrodipping, I sent him some info and will look at providing some type of service for anybody who is interested in getting their drones done. I understand he may do up some samples and then provide some photos of his work along with some pricing.

What should be the best painted color on drone for the best visibility in the sky?

Aviation orange? Black however really stands out as well against white/blue sky.
In my opinion.... from flying fixed wing's of all kinds, including thermal gliders that we would "speck out"...

Dark color on the bottom and light color on top.

A dark color on the bottom is better when viewing from below (when it is above the horizon). If you are on a canyon rim and flying below, then a light/bright color top is better visibility.

Since our birds are probably above us 95% of the time a dark color offset with bright trim is what I prefer.

I painted one of my P2's flat black with yellow arm trim.... good visibility when above the horizon, poor visibility below the horizon... but then I guess that is what the blinky red lights are for?

Attachments

• BlackP2.jpg
    BlackP2.jpg
    624 KB · Views: 320
As far as "dipping" goes, if you are going to just go one (solid) color, I would do it yourself for about $7 (Krylon Fusion for plastic)... the carbon texture sure is nice I will have to admit :)

I might go for white top with a pattern, orange front & bottom half and black rear & other bottom half.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl