Drone on a plane

Reaction score
I'm having a great time with the new P4P+, but I'm afraid of taking it on vacation. I'm afraid some TSA noob will think it's something evil and confiscate it. I'm thinking about buying a Mavic for vacation use. It's smaller, easier to carry around and cheaper, if something were to happen.

Does anyone have any TSA horror stories?

Thanks

The TSA must be sick of seeing drones by now. Make sure you carry everything in your carry on bag and everything should pass inspection and arrive safely.

Reactions: KevMo Photog
I've carried a drone through TSA about 20 times. Never any real issue. At most, the drone was swabbed a couple of times. Took about 2 minutes extra. Every other time, it went through the x-ray machine just like every other bag.

As mentioned, you cannot check lipo batteries. They need to be carry on. Also, I'd recommend not checking the drone either.

Reactions: open sky video
Well there goes my excuse to buy a Mavic. I had the wife convinced that the P4P was too big to carry along.

Well there goes my excuse to buy a Mavic. I had the wife convinced that the P4P was too big to carry along.

Size is a completely different issue. The Mavic is a great drone for traveling since it takes up so little space in carry-on luggage.

I'm having a great time with the new P4P+, but I'm afraid of taking it on vacation. I'm afraid some TSA noob will think it's something evil and confiscate it.
The TSA folks don't think. They just look for things on their list.
And drones aren't on their list.
Does anyone have any TSA horror stories?
Yes .... but no drones were involved.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West