Drone Nerds or DJI?

Reaction score
Hey guys, novice queston, searched and didn't see great answers.

My Phantom 3 standard camera is messed up...tried fixing gimble cable myself and no luck.

Who do you recommend / how has it worked for you to repair it?

Does DJI charge you for shipping? What if they look at it and it costs more than its worth to repair? Will they ship back to you? Who pays for shipping?

I saw Drone Nerds charges $60 for evaluation and I pay shipping, just don't know what is the best option people have used.

Thanks!

Andrew

I used another outfit but can't remember the name. They are in Florida I think, sorry. Anyway, from what I head about DJI, these guys seemed to do everything about the same. The people online were very polite and helpful. I would wait and see what other guys say about DroneNerds specifically. They charged for the evaluation but then put it toward the final price.

I would stay away from a DJI fix, my experience is they sometimes oversell a fix and sometimes it doesn't work - too many untrained workers doing stuff with time constraints instead of quality and satisfying the customer. Never dealt with Drone Nerds but would certainly choose them before a mail off to DJI for an unknown amount of time. My personal choice is a smaller LosAngelis shop called Aerial Pixels (Aerialpixels® - Drone Repairs, Training, Consulting, Aerial Cinematography and Drone Sales) They service drones from all over the country and have an excellent rating and turnaround. I'm an Ohio resident but recently was in LA and was experiencing some flight difficulties with my Phantom 4 Pro. Walked into Aerial Pixels unannounced and experienced the most professional, courteous and informative treatment. They deal with the small time pilot to large Hollywood production companies and treat everyone the same. Check out their website and give them a call, you won't be disappointed.

Stay away from DJI.
Their products are amazing but their customer service is awful.

Thanks for all the replies! I am thinking I will just sell it off for parts and buy a new drone...too much money to spend on a drone with very few value left.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl