Drone Logbook

Are you a commercial user? What could they do better? Just curious to hear your thoughts.

I am not a commercial user (yet, but will be soon). It's hard to describe, I guess partly the interface and how it puts everything together, and partly the lack of additional information. For example, I love how healthydrones.com provides so much extra information...so much of that is missing from dronelogbook.com that could easily be added considering it is all coming from the same log file.

I'm sorry about that, we are aware of compatibility issues with newer devices. What version of Android are you running?

This should be resolved in the next 2 weeks.

I am using version 7 (Nougat). Let me know if you need a beta tester..i'm always ready to try out new apps/technology :)

I am using version 7 (Nougat). Let me know if you need a beta tester..i'm always ready to try out new apps/technology :)

Thank you! I really appreciate it. Would you be able to help us test our DJI GO sync functionality?

How to sync your DJI account:

Visit dashboard.nvdrones.com and enter your DJI GO credentials by clicking "DJI GO Sync" on the left navigation bar (or, if you're registering, we automatically prompt you during the registration process). If you enter the right credentials, you should get a message that says you're good to go. We poll your DJI account every 30 minutes so it won't be instantaneous. But, if you check back in after a few hours all your past flights should be there.

I'll also monitor your uploaded flights and once I see it's uploaded I'll give you a heads up so you can check it out.

Let me know how it goes!

Thank you! I really appreciate it. Would you be able to help us test our DJI GO sync functionality?

How to sync your DJI account:

Visit dashboard.nvdrones.com and enter your DJI GO credentials by clicking "DJI GO Sync" on the left navigation bar (or, if you're registering, we automatically prompt you during the registration process). If you enter the right credentials, you should get a message that says you're good to go. We poll your DJI account every 30 minutes so it won't be instantaneous. But, if you check back in after a few hours all your past flights should be there.

I'll also monitor your uploaded flights and once I see it's uploaded I'll give you a heads up so you can check it out.

Let me know how it goes!

Hey Kevinm,

So I followed your instructions and created an account. During the registration process it asked me to sync my DJI Go account, which I did without flaw. It stated it would take a couple hours to get my flight records brought over, but it only took 10-15 minutes.

The good so far:
-So far I think this is probably the best drone logbook I have used.
-The interface is very clean, nice, and easy to navigate.
-I also love how easy and clean the equipment area is (adding drones & batteries).
-The report button for each flight is an awesome feature! I hope you guys never get rid of that (but would love to see some additional information allowed for the report).

The bad so far:
-One thing I do think this logbook needs is an area to add notes for each flight.
-Also as previously discussed, it does not have an app that works on my android, obviously this is a big negative.

That is all I have so far. I can give more input once I have used it for some time. Let me know if you want me to test anything else out.

@Rosey Got it! Thanks for the detailed report :) I actually called and emailed you since I didn't know it was you that had uploaded! Haha. Happy to have the conversation on here, instead.

Thank you for the kind words. We really do have so many features coming out in the next 2 weeks on the web app side I can't wait to get it out. So, be on the lookout for those.

In terms of the negatives, I completely hear you. Notes for each flight is one of the improvements we're rolling out.

Did it successfully import all of your DJI logs? I'm trying to figure out if we are successfully grabbing all flight logs or just some of them.

Reactions: Rosey
@Rosey Got it! Thanks for the detailed report :) I actually called and emailed you since I didn't know it was you that had uploaded! Haha. Happy to have the conversation on here, instead.

Thank you for the kind words. We really do have so many features coming out in the next 2 weeks on the web app side I can't wait to get it out. So, be on the lookout for those.

In terms of the negatives, I completely hear you. Notes for each flight is one of the improvements we're rolling out.

Did it successfully import all of your DJI logs? I'm trying to figure out if we are successfully grabbing all flight logs or just some of them.
Haha, just saw this after I responded to your email. All DJI information synced successfully.

Let me know which way you prefer to continue our conversation...Seems like we are both doubling our workload by having this conversation in two places at this point!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kevinm
@Rosey awesome! Glad to hear. Looks like it's working for other users, as well.

@DanMan32 want to try it out? It just takes a minute to sync your flight history :) dashboard.nvdrones.com

Reactions: Rosey
So I just tested my first Litchi flight with this logbook. Overall it worked well and was easy to upload. The logbook does not have a Litchi auto sync feature, so I had to grab it off my phone. Once I had the file however it was very easy to upload with NVDrones.

One issue I did notice with the Litchi file is that it tried to add an entirely separate drone to my account. Not sure why..the serial # did not match. It was not that big of a deal, I simply went in and deleted the new drone it added.

I have also noticed the "report" option for each flight is clearly not accurate. It does not show a large amount of the info it represents, and it also says that all my flights are in restricted airspace, which they are not.

I think that are all the updates I have for now. Looking forward to the updates coming out soon. Overall I still think this is probably the best log book I have tried and I will continue to use it.

@Rosey thanks!

Do you mean that the serial # didn't match with the flight log that you uploaded? I'll look into why that might be happening.

I'll also look into the report bugs you're seeing. I believe that the airspace and battery information is mainly what is throwing you problems?

88702041919a926178b026ba7ae47f7b.jpg
I use the Hover app it seems to log everything I am looking for.

I too use the Hover app and it's log capabilities work for me
It fills in info such as your coordinates, the time you created the log, and lets you fill in a bunch of other stuff, and it's a free app, not to mention the other great stuff it has.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
88702041919a926178b026ba7ae47f7b.jpg

I too use the Hover app and it's log capabilities work for me
It fills in info such as your coordinates, the time you created the log, and lets you fill in a bunch of other stuff, and it's a free app, not to mention the other great stuff it has.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
I've got Hover too- but never used the log.
-What form does it Save to on a phone or iPad?
-What info do you record for the Battery Log?
-Do you do a new one for each flight- change of battery - or for each session that may use multiple batteries for a single "mission"?

NVdrones makes it easy to log flights, checklists, personnel, equipment, etc. You can check out our web app at nvdrones.com and our Android app at NVDash - Premium Drone Logbook - Android Apps on Google Play.

We are making a BIG update to our web app in the next week (including DJI GO automatic syncing), let me know if anyone wants to help us beta test.
Is this Android only or is there (will there be) a Mac IOS version?
I'd get in on the Beta testing if you need them for IOS

Is this Android only or is there (will there be) a Mac IOS version?
I'd get in on the Beta testing if you need them for IOS

We have a web app where you can sync all your DJI logs directly - dashboard.nvdrones.com

For mobile we are Android only but will definitely need iOS beta testers! Want to message me your email and I can put you on the list?

I'll try it. I did see that it uploaded 9 of my flights. But lots of the data wasn't there. Unless I missing how to access it.

Just ordered a P3S from DJI , my payment was received yesterday . Does anyone have any idea how long it will take to ship and receive ?

I'll try it. I did see that it uploaded 9 of my flights. But lots of the data wasn't there. Unless I missing how to access it.

Lots coming out in the next week and a half. Stay tuned!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj