Drone Identification

Reaction score
I recently purchased a DJI Phantom 4 drone. There was very little information given about it other than the as said Phantom 4 Black drone in case like new. How do I know for sure what model it is, version etc...? First time flier! Thanks all.

UPDATE...I may have found it. Could be the Special Edition Black version once sold exclusively Best Buy? The only thing that is confusing me is it looks like the bottom/gimble assembly was white. Mine is a grayish color.

Last edited:
I recently purchased a DJI Phantom 4 drone. There was very little information given about it other than the as said Phantom 4 Black drone in case like new. How do I know for sure what model it is, version etc...? First time flier! Thanks all.

UPDATE...I may have found it. Could be the Special Edition Black version once sold exclusively Best Buy? The only thing that is confusing me is it looks like the bottom/gimble assembly was white. Mine is a grayish color.
If it is black then it is most likely the Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian. It was a special edition but bot sold only by Best Buy. It was widely available. No difference from the Phantom 4 Pro other than the shell color.

As a new pilot I would recommend scoping it out and testing it with an experienced pilot at your side. Otherwise you don't even know what to look for or what to test. It could be a great unit or it could be something not worth buying. Never purchase without a test flight. That's my opinion. Some do purchase over the Internet sight-unseen but I think that's a risky proposition.

Good luck !! It's a wonderful drone. Still one of my favorites.

If it is black then it is most likely the Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian. It was a special edition but bot sold only by Best Buy. It was widely available. No difference from the Phantom 4 Pro other than the shell color.

As a new pilot I would recommend scoping it out and testing it with an experienced pilot at your side. Otherwise you don't even know what to look for or what to test. It could be a great unit or it could be something not worth buying. Never purchase without a test flight. That's my opinion. Some do purchase over the Internet sight-unseen but I think that's a risky proposition.

Good luck !! It's a wonderful drone. Still one of my favorites.
Thank you for the information

Normal. Sometimes it will be identified and sometimes not. But it will get you the production date.
It actually showed the production date as 4/17/2027, lol. I will try contacting DJI and see what they say?
Thank you.

This is what DJI produced seen a few

This is the same one I have. I guess it' s just a limited edition phantom 4. Nothing special...I sure appreciate your help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues