Drone falls out of the sky onto woman's head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes. Probably didn't charge his battery all the way resulting in battery failure due to improper battery calculations

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
A low battery should not shut down the aircraft. My "dumb" batteries don't do this. You should get a low voltage warning with time to do a controlled descent.

How can she say she has whiplash?
A sore head maybe.
Even a fractured skull I could believe!
But whiplash??? That is defined as a rapid forward and back motion of the neck.....

Does one not usually fall to the ground when knocked unconscious? Or did someone catch her?

Well from slowing that clip up I don't see her fall But do see a kid that was right there in that group . Looks like a man went right to her
that was standing beside her .

Reactions: J Dot
I support the lady. Sorry folks.........I am against drones used at public events. Redundancies or not......they are a risk.

This is how I look at it.

All the flight agencies can put a crapload of rules and regs into place and they say pay $$$$$$ and become a certified pilot and have your liability insurance. At the end of the day, insurance, certificates, qualifications and the not can't fix the fact of a person getting seriously injured. Could you live knowing your drone hit a child at a public event and cut their eye?

I don't care how qualified or diligent a pilot you are, flying a drone around public populated areas is like taking your pet tiger for a walk, one day.........it will bite back. Are you then morally ok with the potential outcome?

Last edited:
I support the lady. Sorry folks.........I am against drones used at public events. Redundancies or not......they are a risk.

This is how I look at it.

All the flight agencies can put a crapload of rules and regs into place and they say pay $$$$$$ and become a certified pilot and have your liability insurance. At the end of the day, insurance, certificates, qualifications and the not can't fix the fact of a person getting seriously injured. Could you live knowing your drone hit a child at a public event and cut their eye?

I don't care how qualified or diligent a pilot you are, flying a drone around public populated areas is like taking your pet tiger for a walk, one day.........it will bite back. Are you then morally ok with the potential outcome?

Ya you know this is a tough one.... It's tech, it's evolving so fast and we can't keep up!

Let's look at cars for a min traveling at 80 mph on the freeway feet from each other. Mistakes and mishaps happen everyday and people die every minute because of carelessness. Now go back 150 years when we were riding horses....... If they only could have imagined what transportation has evolved too.

We interduce new safety hazards into our life all the time. Just like the chemicals underneath your sink and in your laundry room. Drones are here to stay and we are only in the first few years of them being common. Give it some time and they will become even more redundant to the point that they are as well engineered as modern aircraft.

Flying over people is sometimes required.... There is an exemption under 333 to fly over people. On the same note I have a shoot coming up for a "love" video were doing and it will require me flying directly over about 150 people. I will have waivers from all who participate however.

The other thing I noticed too, is the quad kind of fell at an angle. So it appears that maybe he wasn't directly over people, which would be following guidelines. If your 400' up and 100' away from a crowd (staying legal) and have a failure in a 10 mph wind....... Stuff happens and we shouldn't not embrace ways because of what ifs. Yes it will happen, are we going to just stop trying? No we should push forward so tech can keep up! I want to see parachutes mandated on all quads with a warning buzzer that emits a loud noise as it's parachuting down. Had the quad had this tech, this would have never happened. If we stay away from crowds and it becomes outlawed, the tech will never produce itself.

How many people had to die before seatbelts a were mandated? Did we stop driving? No we implemented.

Last edited:
My phantom popped a prop yesterday and fell like a rock out of the sky. It didn't hit a thing, battery was almost full, i was simply coming in for a landing. Weather was clear, and very little to no wind.

I don't trust it now at all.

My phantom popped a prop yesterday and fell like a rock out of the sky. It didn't hit a thing, battery was almost full, i was simply coming in for a landing. Weather was clear, and very little to no wind.

I don't trust it now at all.
These things just dont fall off, are you sure you had it on correctly ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj