Drone doing curly Qs (horizontally)

Reaction score
So, I was flying several missions today and found myself near a commercial plant, but the plant is on our property. When I flew near the plant, my drone started flying in curly Qs (see attached). My flight path was the black line and my controller was sending the signal of the red arrow. Weird thing, it was almost as if someone else was controlling the drone AND I was controlling the drone. I did this twice, both instances very similar. My controller overpowered whatever the interference was to bring it back to my area...at about 300 ft it kept doing the same thing but once I dropped near my home point arpund 150 ft it worked perfectly. Oh, also when I first took off the screen read "gps error" although I had just done the preflight gps sync.

Anyone seen this before?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180625-192046_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20180625-192046_Samsung Notes.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 273
So, I was flying several missions today and found myself near a commercial plant, but the plant is on our property. When I flew near the plant, my drone started flying in curly Qs (see attached). My flight path was the black line and my controller was sending the signal of the red arrow. Weird thing, it was almost as if someone else was controlling the drone AND I was controlling the drone. I did this twice, both instances very similar. My controller overpowered whatever the interference was to bring it back to my area...at about 300 ft it kept doing the same thing but once I dropped near my home point arpund 150 ft it worked perfectly.
Curved courses are usually compass related.
If it was happening at height it's unlikely to be related to what the drone was flying over.
What was the launch spot?

The recorded flight data should provide more information
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
when I first took off the screen read "gps error" although I had just done the preflight gps sync.
GPS synch ??
What did you do?

Can I do this if I was uaing drone deploy?

Can I do this if I was uaing drone deploy?

If you're experience GPS problems or interference those are also going to affect DD or any other 3rd party app.

The sooner you provide the Flight Log Data as requested above (2x now) the sooner and the BETTER the suggestions will be. Until that time people can only "spitball" suggestions and hope that something is accurate.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT