Drone Disabler . . . A link from "Pinterest"

Reaction score
In my e-mails this morning, there was a message from my "Pinterest" subscription. One of the links was to an article about "Build a Wi-Fi drone disabler with Raspberry Pi".

A link to the associated article is Build a Wi-Fi Drone Disabler with Raspberry Pi | Make:

I haven't read the full article yet, but at first glance it looks feasible.

By the way, this same post has also appeared on the Mavic Drone page as I also have a Mavic Pro as well as a Phantom 4

Pleas don’t advocate the use of radio jamming schemes. It is a federal offense.

Uhm maybe so that the rest of us could be aware if our drone goes down and we see someone close by with a gadget. Thank you Witwelian for this post
Yea ok sure... cuz we see this happen all the time nowo_O the odds of you being in that scenario is one in a million.

The device would not be legal to operate, which is why the article is filled with "don't try this" comments. It's not jamming the radio, the FCC would not take kindly to articles like. It's taking advantage of the lack of security in the Wi-Fi communications with the Parrot drones. This type of device would not work on DJI drones.

Reactions: roosta
In my e-mails this morning, there was a message from my "Pinterest" subscription. One of the links was to an article about "Build a Wi-Fi drone disabler with Raspberry Pi".

A link to the associated article is Build a Wi-Fi Drone Disabler with Raspberry Pi | Make:

I haven't read the full article yet, but at first glance it looks feasible.

By the way, this same post has also appeared on the Mavic Drone page as I also have a Mavic Pro as well as a Phantom 4

Looks like it’s time to design a Drone Disabler Disabler

The device would not be legal to operate, which is why the article is filled with "don't try this" comments. It's not jamming the radio, the FCC would not take kindly to articles like. It's taking advantage of the lack of security in the Wi-Fi communications with the Parrot drones. This type of device would not work on DJI drones.

It’s rather easy to put any DJI drone within a 1/4 mile into ATTI mode though.

It’s rather easy to put any DJI drone within a 1/4 mile into ATTI mode though.
How do you force a drone to go into ATTI mode when the communication between the drone and the controller is encrypted?

If you create a (jamming) signal of sufficient strength to cause the drone’s GPS receiver to lose ‘lock’ it will revert to Atti.

The same can be done to the controller’s signal forcing RTH or whatever you’ve selected for signal
loss.

How do you force a drone to go into ATTI mode when the communication between the drone and the controller is encrypted?

By blanket-blocking the GPS signal. Highly illegal.

If you jam the GPS signal, the operator will see that and resort to visual tracking of the drone. When delivering an explosive device, fine navigation isn't always close enough. A blast from 10 feet can be just as deadly as one from 2 feet. If you spoof the signal (just as illegal), then the operator will not know that the drone is off course unless he is following it visually.

While I don't think it has made it down to consumer level GPS/GLONASS devices, there are technologies that can mitigate jamming and spoofing.

If you jam the GPS signal, the operator will see that and resort to visual tracking of the drone. When delivering an explosive device, fine navigation isn't always close enough. A blast from 10 feet can be just as deadly as one from 2 feet. If you spoof the signal (just as illegal), then the operator will not know that the drone is off course unless he is following it visually.

While I don't think it has made it down to consumer level GPS/GLONASS devices, there are technologies that can mitigate jamming and spoofing.

Wait, what!?

Seriously? You criticised for pointing out a potential drone disabling method then ask for clarification? It’s easybto put your drone into ATTI mode- just flick the flight mode switch...
Ha. I did that to a friend recently. I was standing next to him while he flew. I pulled out my phone and began to fiddle with it. He glanced over and said, “What are you doing?” I said, “I’m getting ready to put your Phantom into Atti mode.”
He looked rather puzzled. “How?”, he asked. “Just a little program I wrote for my phone”, I answered. As he looked up to visually check the location, I reached over and gently flipped his switch to Atti. He was concentrating on his Phantom and didn’t even notice. I went back to fiddling with my phone and said, “There! You’re in Atti mode”. He looked at me, then at his Ipad, then back at me. “How did you...”, he started, then looked down at his controller and noticed the changed switch position. “You son of a $?!&$!!” was all he could muster. I stepped back quickly to avoid any retaliatory strike that might ensue. I ended up on the ground anyway, laughing maniacally. All in all, a great day!

Ha. I did that to a friend recently. I was standing next to him while he flew. I pulled out my phone and began to fiddle with it. He glanced over and said, “What are you doing?” I said, “I’m getting ready to put your Phantom into Atti mode.”
He looked rather puzzled. “How?”, he asked. “Just a little program I wrote for my phone”, I answered. As he looked up to visually check the location, I reached over and gently flipped his switch to Atti. He was concentrating on his Phantom and didn’t even notice. I went back to fiddling with my phone and said, “There! You’re in Atti mode”. He looked at me, then at his Ipad, then back at me. “How did you...”, he started, then looked down at his controller and noticed the changed switch position. “You son of a $?!&$!!” was all he could muster. I stepped back quickly to avoid any retaliatory strike that might ensue. I ended up on the ground anyway, laughing maniacally. All in all, a great day!

Funny! (unless ATTI baffles him)

My drone disabler is much more simple I take my double barrel black powder shotgun put in 2000 grains of black powder and fill the rest with BBs it's good for 6 miles.....lol disclaimer do not try this at home without good medical insurance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers