Drone deploy..?

Reaction score
G'day all..
I would like to here how people have gone with using this app..
Also any problems people may have had...
Cheers [emoji482]
Dave

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hey Dave, I just used drone deploy yesterday and it works great!
The bird takes off once all the requirements are met and then proceeds to do the grid you have set up for it. Currently I am waiting to process the results and I may have to take some more photos to complete the 3D render but otherwise the app does what it does. There was a few small hiccups when setting up a new project, once I worked around them it was all up to the p4 from there. I was impressed.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

In my experience it didn't work well with a 3 standard. If you lose R/C signal part way through, the drone will continue taking pictures on the planned route, but the app doesn't know where it left off, so when you need to put new battery in it goes back to where it lost signal (not where the battery sent it home), so you end up with many duplicate images, making for much more data to process. Also basically had to fly it back blind as only thing showing up on the app after reconnecting was the tiny preview video.

I tried to make several large maps, (100-150 acres) often ended with huge chunks missing, as well as i stated above, duplicating images as i was pushing the range.

As for the green ticks, can be a struggle to get them all...everything has to be loaded just right. I would like to try it with a pro/adv....as i said it just didn't work well with a Standard IMO. Neat idea though. Also seems that it always underestimated the battery time needed to run the map. I tried to set maps up to maximize battery life, and while planing the missions i would be sub 20 min....figured i could do that on one battery. But in actually flying time, was much longer and took multiple batteries. Didn't help with the duplicate images as stated above.

That's what i remember from using it. Worked fine for really small maps, but struggled on larger maps like i was trying to do. I was trying to map large fields for crop scouting. They have probably updated stuff since then, it was mid summer last time i tried to use it. Gave up, as it was easier, faster, to just fly and manually shoot images and then look at them on my computer to see which area's of field i wanted to inspect.

Hi, I used DroneDeploy on several occasions to do some mapping of relatively small areas. I used it with a Standard and the whole grid was in line of sight. The software ran the entire mission and the cloud service emailed me when processing was finished. It's pretty cool software! These missions were flown before the firmware fiasco with the Standard. I am now on the latest firmware but haven't used Deonedeploy since upgrading it.

I can't get all green ticks just about ready to give up on it, however I did manage to download pix4d and had no problem with it so far that is and the cost is scary 12500 Australian dollars may just us the free two weeks then resort to my trusty old piper colt.. more fun also I think.. cheers [emoji482]
Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers