Drone Deploy

Reaction score
I attempted to fly a map I had loaded on Drone Deploy...Using a Phantom 4A the op started and the drone went about 100 yards and stopped and would only hoover...brought it back and restarted every thing...same result 3 times...contacted support and ran a firmware update at their suggestion...same result...Just for kicks I tried the op with a Zoom I had with...started fine and stopped at the same spot...on the zoom controller I noticed a mag interference warning...any thoughts or suggestions?

Is there any restricted airspace in the route you created? Are you able to execute a successful route in a different area?

Interesting.... On the route, is the start and stop points overlapping? Or are any of the points overlapping, maybe causing a conflict?

How did you find the nfz? I had a similar issue with Airmap and kittyhawk not depicting an nfz a few months ago

Reactions: justinca2013
I initially launched outside of the NFZ...When I redid the deploy map the launch zone was inside the NFZ and it turned up on my preflight check on DJI Go4...what a day...

Reactions: Kentrol72
Isn't it fun when you learn new things that you never thought you would need or want to know? And isn't it great that learning time always seems to come when you are in the field and frustrated and not in the mood to learn?

Murphy's law I suppose lol. I found out on a job myself. It is insane!

Reactions: viking72
So I have never taken a drone deploy map off of an sd card. Will it come off in a file, will I have to create a file. Or will all of the individual photos come off?

Reactions: justinca2013
Individual photos. If you want it stitched you have to upload the images through Drone deploy. It's free if is 500 or less images

Time to download the NLD software and App and be done with the DJI NFZ nonsense. That's why I use the Autel EVO and LAANC for the Real Estate work by the airports in and around Chicago and the NLD app for any mapping w/ LAANC. Too many hiccups with DJI GO and wasted time and upset clients.

Not to beat a dead horse, but.... It's about time the FAA Absolutely Requires that DJI Offer a PERMANENT UNLOCKING SOLUTION for the US Part 107 Pilots. I implore Mark Baker and others at the AOPA to start seriously lobbying the FAA and/congress to step in. As a Part 61 Private Pilot I fly in and out of CLASS C, Class D, and Class B airspace with my airplane every week or so. I don't need special permission from a German or British, and South American Company that makes the Airplane to fly into these airports or through this airspace every time I decide to fly. If the FAA has licensed my to fly, and I have permission from ATC to land or transition through this airspace, then I am good to go! Same should be true with the LAANC program. I take personal umbrage that Certain Police and Fire Departments in IL and throughout the county have the ability to have DJI Permanently UNLOCK their drones from NFZ's , but a Part 107 and Part 61 Pilot with a lot more skill and accomplishment and knowledge, do presently NOT have the ability to have my drone Permanently Unlocked. I would guess that the majority of PART 107 pilots have a lot more knowledge and skill than the newly minted pilots from Police and Fire departments that just got their drone programs up and rolling and co-opted 5 or 6 officers or firefighters to learn how to fly a drone and pass their Part 107. I'm not taking anything away from our 1st Responders, I'm just pointing out that there should not be a "special class" of Part 107 operators. You either know the rules and hold the ticket or you don't. You either fly with ATC LAANC approval or you don't fly. How the FAA has allowed DJI to render a Professional Part 107 operator's drone useless is just unfathomable! Ok... rant finished... now PLEASE Mark Baker, get your team on this!

I attempted to fly a map I had loaded on Drone Deploy...Using a Phantom 4A the op started and the drone went about 100 yards and stopped and would only hoover...brought it back and restarted every thing...same result 3 times...contacted support and ran a firmware update at their suggestion...same result...Just for kicks I tried the op with a Zoom I had with...started fine and stopped at the same spot...on the zoom controller I noticed a mag interference warning...any thoughts or suggestions?

Fly the same test mission with GS Pro. If GS Pro works, you can blame Drone Deploy. If GS Pro does NOT work, then you can blame your drone. This assumes you're not in controlled air space, which I assume you would KNOW if you were in controlled air space.

D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav