Drone Deploy - Changing Batteries

Reaction score
Evening folks :)

I have been playing around with (and throughly enjoying) Drone Deploy.

There are two questions in this thread:

(1) Can a flight be paused and resumed if the course is longer than one battery? e.g. a P4pro and a 40 minute flight? Is there a tutorial somewhere on this? Maybe YouTube? I had a good look but could not find anything.

(2) Is there an external MAC application that you can download to look at a 3-D map from Drone Deploy once you download the 3-D object files? How would it be integrated into website?

Thanks heaps for reading this and for your replies.
Kind regards
Jason

Thanks for your reply, I am going to try this this afternoon and report back, thanks so much :)

Evening folks :)

I have been playing around with (and throughly enjoying) Drone Deploy.

There are two questions in this thread:

(1) Can a flight be paused and resumed if the course is longer than one battery? e.g. a P4pro and a 40 minute flight? Is there a tutorial somewhere on this? Maybe YouTube? I had a good look but could not find anything.

(2) Is there an external MAC application that you can download to look at a 3-D map from Drone Deploy once you download the 3-D object files? How would it be integrated into website?

Thanks heaps for reading this and for your replies.
Kind regards
Jason
The number of the 40 minute flight I would check your square area and try to keep it down to 15 minutes for a flight with drone coming home and then send it back up to a secondary starting point so that you would actually have three starting points for the entire flight sequence there for you fly one section return change battery fly another section return change battery fly another section in return to change battery drone deploy I can handle all of these pictures as long as they're good pictures and that shouldn't be a problem

Reactions: Jason Cole
Several programs such a QGIS will read and display the 3D maps from DD and Maps Made Easy. And MME has a tutorial on using QGIS to generate things like contour plots. Ther a a bunch of 3D viewers tha work well on a Mac, the problem is that May of them expect the data to be in X, Y, Z format and MME (not sure about DD) generate the data in Lat, Lon and height. It's pretty straight forward to do conversions, but even a small map has way too many points to make it practical. It would be really useful if either DD or MME had the option of generating a map in UTM coordinates so you had an X,Y,Z map to view.

Thanks all for your replies, I did a large map, three batteries and it came out great, 763 photos! I particularly like the 2d map i can download as a TIFF, incredible detail. I would post it here but its a 123mb! but when you zoom in.... wow!

Thanks all for your replies, I did a large map, three batteries and it came out great, 763 photos! I particularly like the 2d map i can download as a TIFF, incredible detail. I would post it here but its a 123mb! but when you zoom in.... wow!

Thanks ot everyone for your detailed replies too. I followed them and it worked perfectly so thankyou!

DD can export the point cloud in X,Y,Z
9fdc3f774022c17585081d6d10607399.jpg

It would be really useful if either DD or MME had the option of generating a map in UTM coordinates so you had an X,Y,Z map to view.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl