Drone crashes through NYC highrise window.

Reactions: NRJ
I am sure someone was this punny

"but stunned neighbors at her building at 20 Waterside Plaza said it takes home intrusion to new heights."

This is a great story. Seems at least one person is worried for when Amazon starts flying stuff around (but hey it beats fertiliser hitting the rotary air device). Anyhow my favourite quote so far
" Heidrum Pretzel lives directly above the apartment and said she was home when the drone made its crash landing.

“I just saw boop, something, then I heard somebody say ‘Oh my God,'” she said
."

So really thin floors to match the under spec windows perhaps.

" Heidrum Pretzel lives directly above the apartment and said she was home when the drone made its crash landing."

Oh how dramatic "crash landing?" LOL its not a 737, are we sure this isnt Casey Neistat's doing for another VLOG? ha

This is a great story. Seems at least one person is worried for when Amazon starts flying stuff around (but hey it beats fertiliser hitting the rotary air device). Anyhow my favourite quote so far
" Heidrum Pretzel lives directly above the apartment and said she was home when the drone made its crash landing.

“I just saw boop, something, then I heard somebody say ‘Oh my God,'” she said
."

So really thin floors to match the under spec windows perhaps.

Well, it IS New York...

"Heidrum Pretzel lives directly above the apartment with her sisters Cinnamon, Salted, and Twisted..."

Reactions: Budman
Have you ever seen high rise glass? You could fly full speed, in sport mode, with a 50mph tail wind, and a near vertical drop into the window, and all you are going to do is shatter your drone into 1,000 pieces. Those windows are designed to withstand debris in near hurricane force winds

No pics of the crashed drone or broken window. I call BS :rolleyes:
I think that's the way it should be; but maybe somebody didn't have "code" glass in their building, or weren't using "code" specs for installation, etc. (certainly possible in this case). Might be a blessing in disguise, because what you say about the glass are what the specs SHOULD BE. Now maybe somebody will catch on to this subtlety and investigate this. (I'd sure want to know my glass wasn't up to code specs if it was me living there--I'd be sounding off about it).

Have you ever seen high rise glass? You could fly full speed, in sport mode, with a 50mph tail wind, and a near vertical drop into the window, and all you are going to do is shatter your drone into 1,000 pieces. Those windows are designed to withstand debris in near hurricane force winds

Yup, 27th floor. Right, sounds like FAKE NEWS. These reporters will do anything for a story and to put down something they don't like.

The hyperbole gets better.

Quote from a follow-up article:
"The speeding drone that crashed through a Manhattan woman’s 27th-floor window nearly carved her up like a Ginsu knife, she told The Post on Monday."

http://nypost.com/2017/02/27/i-was-nearly-sliced-when-a-drone-crashed-through-my-window/

Great example of the garbage that is in the news these days. If we stay reasonable and use our logic, we can decipher the garbage from the truth. There are also people who actually believe what they read on the internet without checking it out. Those people are the dangerous many. Be careful what you post, read, and believe.

Let's be realistic here guys, that glass should have been thicker.. lol

Bullets barely make it through them.

Sorry...not true. And

Lots of old buildings in NYC, I'm sure even some 27 floors. Those likely will have ordinary glass.

The building is very old and does not have the safety features of modern buildings..such as tempered/thick glass!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT