Drone crashes into Helicopter

Reaction score
A local news story reported the first helicopter vs drone accident in our area.

The helicopter pilot, identified only as Sam, stated that he had been drinking heavily before taking a short flight in his Shurfly electric copter from J&J’s Tavern and Airport grill down towards his residence. During the flight, Sam admitted to nearly missing several light poles, but due to his keen reaction time and dexterous flying skills, narrowly missed hitting two of the three he targeted.

At 2:00pm local time, Sam reported seeing a small hovering object to his immediate right at about 100 ft altitude. The object seemed to be floating above a wide open area, darting in various directions in a manner that Sam felt was oddly slow and cautious. Sam reported the sighting, recalling the chill he felt in seeing the strange craft. He had some difficulty in reaching the tower, as he couldn’t remember how to use the radio which may have led to a delay in alerting authorities to a potential threat.

Between 2:30 and 2:45, Sam concerned as to the nature and purpose of the craft, dropped altitude and heading directly for the object. As he drew near, he noticed the craft attempt to move away from his position and to begin descending. Fearing for his safety, and assuming the craft was angling for an attack, Sam adjusted his course and speed to intercept what he was now certain was a direct danger to his helicopter, other craft in the area and the public in general.

At 2:47pm, having no other options to protect himself, Sam took a final drag on a marijuana cigarette he had been smoking and dived towards the object. A desperate call was made to the tower, in which Sam calmly and bravely explained the situation and asked that they tell his wife he loved her. At 2:48pm, the object collided with Sam’s Shurfly, denting his left landing bar and leaving a small scratch along the side. The object, now identified as a DJI Phantom 4 UAV or Unmanned Aerial vehicle, was completely destroyed.

After landing near the crash sight, finishing his cigarette and opening a fresh beer, Sam told local bystanders he was just glad to be alive. Later, when law enforcement arrived, he recounted his harrowing story, much to their shock and dismay.

The “Drone” pilot was quickly tracked down and taken into custody. A fully “licensed pilot”, the operator is facing several major felonies, including reckless endangerment, negligent operation of a dangerous aerial vehicle, and endangering public safety. Local politicians are calling for quick justice for these clearly reckless acts and overhauls to the weak and ineffective laws governing a risky, dangerous and ever proliferating public nuisance. “The Drone must be stopped!” exclaimed the mayor of our city as he commented on this, the most recent incident of the dangers of drones in our sky.

Last edited:
A local news story reported the first helicopter vs drone accident in our area.

The helicopter pilot, identified only as Sam, stated that he had been drinking heavily before taking a short flight in his Shurfly electric copter from J&J’s Tavern and Airport grill down towards his residence. During the flight, Sam admitted to nearly missing several light poles, but due to his keen reaction time and dexterous flying skills, narrowly missed hitting two of the three he targeted.

At 2:00pm local time, Sam reported seeing a small hovering object to his immediate right at about 100 ft altitude. The object seemed to be floating above a wide open area, darting in various directions in a manner that Sam felt was oddly slow and cautious. Sam reported the sighting, recalling the chill he felt in seeing the strange craft. He had some difficulty in reaching the tower, as he couldn’t remember how to use the radio which may have led to a delay in alerting authorities to a potential threat.

Between 2:30 and 2:45, Sam concerned as to the nature and purpose of the craft, dropped altitude and heading directly for the object. As he drew near, he noticed the craft attempt to move away from his position and to begin descending. Fearing for his safety, and assuming the craft was angling for an attack, Sam adjusted his course and speed to intercept what he was now certain was a direct danger to his helicopter, other craft in the area and the public in general.

At 2:47pm, having no other options to protect himself, Sam took a final drag on a marijuana cigarette he had been smoking and dived towards the object. A desperate call was made to the tower, in which Sam calmly and bravely explained the situation and asked that they tell his wife he loved her. At 2:48pm, the object collided with Sam’s Shurfly, denting his left landing bar and leaving a small scratch along the side. The object, now identified as a DJI Phantom 4 UAV or Unmanned Aerial vehicle, was completely destroyed.

After landing near the crash sight, finishing his cigarette and opening a fresh beer, Sam told local bystanders he was just glad to be alive. Later, when law enforcement arrived, he recounted his harrowing story, much to their shock and dismay.

The “Drone” pilot was quickly tracked down and taken into custody. A fully “licensed pilot”, the operator is facing several major felonies, including reckless endangerment, negligent operation of a dangerous aerial vehicle, and endangering public safety. Local politicians are calling for quick justice for these clearly reckless acts and overhauls to the weak and ineffective laws governing a risky, dangerous and ever proliferating public nuisance. “The Drone must be stopped!” exclaimed the mayor of our city as he commented on this, the most recent incident of the dangers of drones in our sky.
Wow BH Yeh was this your last flight,ha,but Yeh good story,what's "sam" doing flying in that state ?
:),electric grass illegal here still , if I could smoke that and fly I be happy as,I :)

facepalm.gif
You can find clickbait threads in OT where this is going now .

Lol, have to have a sense of humor. To much doom and gloom in some of these threads.
Oh I have one you have to here but it's best posted in the correct section and be titled as such.

As soon as I read this (J&J’s Tavern and Airport grill ) I knew it was fake, but what a fun story. It would make a good sitcom on TV, stories about' J&J’s Tavern and Airport Grill' on every episode. I'd watch that. Both ends of the runway could be covered with a quarter mile of 20' thick foam rubber just in case...lol...

On a side note I went home with a roommate in college once. When we woke up his dad came in and said, "come on guys we are going for a World War I breakfast." Not knowing what he was talking about, we got in the car and started driving. We arrived at an airport but we didn't park. We drove thorough the side fence and up to a twin engine plane. We got out and hopped in. My jaw was slack. Dad got in, we took off and 30-minutes later we landed at an airport in central Florida that had only one thing there, a restaurant that you could only get to by plane. Everyone in there was a pilot or passenger and there were a lot of cool planes parked all around instead of cars. I'll never forget it. Oh, and they didn't serve any alcohol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers