Drone confiscated, arrested, put on trial, found guilty, never visit this country!

The comment section of the YouTube version...

This place seems indeed like a troubled region filled with conflicts. I hope Greece is much better, since I'm planing to travel there for honey moon with my Mavic.

This place seems indeed like a troubled region filled with conflicts. I hope Greece is much better, since I'm planing to travel there for honey moon with my Mavic.
Like it that much do ya ;)

Reactions: Gundy
Wow! You've had quite a revealing adventure, one which I hope will be more widely reported -- as it certainly should be. I think your Rick Steves idea is a good one, but the story will need to have more substantive footage and evidence to be presentable. So the question is whether it will be worth the risk, discomfort and expense of doing an undercover sting on that rotten little country.

Sorry man I wasn't cursing you! Probably censored due to all cap! already edited.
No I did it :) lol
Truly hope yawl have a great trip buddy ;)

Hello flyers.

Below is the story of my arrest by corrupt customs agents in the tiny country of Macedonia (north of Greece). People with drones in their luggage are being targeted by corrupt customs police as the resale value within the country is up to 5 times the retail value.

This is the story of how my car was stopped, my belongings confiscated and then the resulting trial, imprisonment, and conviction I faced, just for driving to the country with my Phantom 3. I wasn't even flying, just heading to Germany from Greece in a rental car!

Be warned.......and be scared.....very scared.....in Macedonia. I was tried in kangaroo court with 4 other drone owners and the customs depot is filled with drones just waiting to be sold by the police who first pocket your available cash then keep your goods.

Thanks for the warning.

I flew in Greece and had no problem at all. We went to Santorini, Mykonos and Corfu. Everyone was really cool and it seemed like nobody cared at all. Even in Santorini where I thought it would be an issue it was not. I flew all along the beautiful famous white buildings with blue tops and has no issues or hard looks. FYI make sure that you fly early and do stuff as early as possible before the cruise ship people get there. Then its crowded.

We have flown all over the world. We have been to 41 countries so far. Unfortunately didn't have the drone for most but I have flown in Greece, Slovenia, France, Bora Bora and a few others. Just make sure you are responsible and don't fly in the big city areas. Thats just crazy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing