Drone captures Great White shark

Yup, Young great white. We see them here on the gulf coast in the winter, even in shallow water. What we see a lot in the summer is giant hammerhead‘s. 1000+ pounds. They show up with the Tarpon each year. From the air we would see so many of them with the swimmers that we hardly paid attention anymore. But freaky. Haven’t had a chance to catch one with the drone yet. I know I’ll get lucky and when I do I will share it here. Any attacks on the gulf coast are by bull sharks. We have tigers too but they only eat divers offshore.

Dirk,
Where is your hat?

I loved taking young kids fishing on charters. Boys always wanted to catch a shark. If we didn’t catch one accidentally during the day, I would stop at a little cove, in the bay, for pups. Chum a little then blacktip, sand, hammerhead, and tiger mostly. Small but great fun and kids got a picture. Reminiscing ah the good times, but no drones then.

Last edited:
Thanks Capt KO, fascinating and thanks for taking the time to reply [emoji106]
Yup, Young great white. We see them here on the gulf coast in the winter, even in shallow water. What we see a lot in the summer is giant hammerhead‘s. 1000+ pounds. They show up with the Tarpon each year. From the air we would see so many of them with the swimmers that we hardly paid attention anymore. But freaky. Haven’t had a chance to catch one with the drone yet. I know I’ll get lucky and when I do I will share it here. Any attacks on the gulf coast are by bull sharks. We have tigers too but they only eat divers offshore.

To dirkclod,
I don’t know how I would’ve made it as a drone pilot without these forums. Seems you were instrumental in getting these going, so I wanted to give you a heartfelt, Thank You. And all others involved. We must drive you nuts sometime.

Maybe you might invented one more possibility of useful drone usage like an equipment of bay watch teams..

The east coast of Florida is much more dangerous than my West Coast. I imagine every lifeguard station has one. Watched them take a float ring out to a struggling swimmer, with a thin rope (thick fishing line?) attached. On a P4!!! Hauled her in like a dead fish.

Reactions: Shoot4fun
To dirkclod,
I don’t know how I would’ve made it as a drone pilot without these forums. Seems you were instrumental in getting these going, so I wanted to give you a heartfelt, Thank You. And all others involved. We must drive you nuts sometime.
I'm doin my best! ?(To drive him nuts, that is...)

Last edited:
The east coast of Florida is much more dangerous than my West Coast. I imagine every lifeguard station has one. Watched them take a float ring out to a struggling swimmer, with a thin rope (thick fishing line?) attached. On a P4!!! Hauled her in like a dead fish.
I grew up on the east side. Learned to swim 7 miles offshore of Amelia Island. At age 8. Uncle **** thought it was hilarious. Mom, not so much...

Reactions: Capt KO
To dirkclod,

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic