Drone Base

I've completed 20 pano missions and have been paid on 15 of them. I live around a lot of houses so i can complete 10 jobs in less than a few square miles and takes about 2 hours to complete those 10 jobs. Its great if you feel like flying but don't really have anything specific to shoot. I haven't been approached for any client missions though unfortunately, I've seen they pay upwards of $300. I would definitely recommend trying it out though. Hope this helps.
What's your average pay on those missions?

Despite the unwarranted negativity about them, Dronebase is legit and a great way to get your foot in the door (as mentioned earlier). I have now acquired a few independent gigs but still do work for Dronebase. As clearly mentioned earlier, unless you're in a target rich environment, you're not going to get rich flying for them, but it's a great gig for a few extra bucks just for flying your drones and having some fun at the same time.

I've been paid $19 for every pano mission. Take roughly 15 minutes to shoot and 5 min to upload to drone base. After being a pilot for about 6 months now i get about 1 client mission a week and the minimum payout for those is $100. Well at least for me
Your area is a lot more profitable than mine, we get paid for about 1 out of three. The percentage was higher last year. When we only had 25 pano shots it took about 40% of the battery power to shoot a location. Now with 49 pano shoots we can no longer get two out of a battery. Also we only shoot ones that are on way back from other assignments. In the past year we have had may 5 client missions notifications, however by the time we respond they are gone. The best thing I can say is that the when we have been shooting a DB mission we have had people come to us asking what we are doing. This gives us an opportunity to give them a sales pitch, that has sometimes resulted in a photo job, most of the time it has been traditional assignment.

Here's some of how it's been for me

a0f5fd2d1601ac247c9dc8896d6cc25b.jpg

This is the ones I gotta do tomorrow and Saturday

Then this is kinda the overview of what's possible

a7342e5e5e34bbfccde317992cf4fe5f.jpg

So...probably depends on where you live and how often their companies they work with need services.

Been pretty steady here.

Where are you located

Panos were slow in my area for the past month until last week, sold 5. Been getting a lot of client missions. I enjoy working for them.

What's your average pay on those missions?
here's an example . for me not worth my time or gas to head to these places . I will pick up my own shoots and screw the middle man , it's the middle man the ruined the family farms and will runin the drone biz IMO. the $70 dollar mission IMO is a joke payout for what's involved . remember your using your drone and need insurance along with time and gas . now the one below for $40 is even more of a joke . it would take min 1/2 hr to get there along with gas and set up etc . some may think this is good if so the best of luck . I think any good drone pilot will get plenty of work on his own . just a little time invested will pay out on the first job . IMO drone base is for kids not for people that go through the trouble of taking the part 107 . buying a drone and all that's needed to take the shoots . AGAIN this is all mho

Client Mission is available near you. Please log into your

Pilot Dashboard to review the details and accept or decline.

PAYOUT
$70

FLIGHT DATE
Monday, September 18, 2017
4:00PM MDT - 6:00PM MDT
Please refer to mission details and

respond to this email if bad weather is anticipated.

SHOT LIST
Image - Front of Property in Frame Risk Photo (1 image), Image - Address of Property (1 image), Images - Other collateral damage on property if present., Wall/Side Corner Images: Overview at Ground Level (1 image per corner), Wall/Side Back Corner Images (back against rear corners looking out toward back yard) (2 photos, 1 from Right-Rear corner and 1 from Left-Rear corner), Wall/Side Images: Context Overview shot of each side/wall of home from eye level (1 image per side), Wall/Side Images: Transition Overview shot of each side/wall of home from eye level (1-2 photos per side), Wall/Side Images: Close-Up Overview shots of

PAYOUT
$40

2785 Anchorage Ct, Loveland, CO 80538, USA
FLIGHT DATE
Best Time Available
SHOT LIST
Panorama Tiles
NOTES
panorama tiles Fly between 11 am and 2 pm on the next clear or partly cloudy day.
Check your Pilot Dashboard for more info.

Client Missions are more involved than Pano Missions, but there is guaranteed payout. The pilot must fly a list of specific shots, as specified by the client. We have selected only a handful of pilots capable of doing this with high quality. Within that handful, it’s first-come-first-serve to accept the mission.

Note, as the pilot, you will not have to do any video editing. Just fly your drone, upload the assets, and leave the rest to us.

each side/wall of home from eye level (1-2 photos per side), Roof Corner Images: Roof Level (1 image per corner), Roof Images: Context Overview of Roof Sides from the air (1-2 images per side), Roof Images: Transition Overview of Roof Sides from the air (1-2 images per side), Roof Images: Close up on Roof Sides from the air (1-2 images per side), Roof Image: Miscellaneous (Chimney and caps, gutters, etc) , Roof Image: Birds Eye Image looking straight down at entire property in frame (1 image), Roof images: Birds Eye Photos looking straight down (closer detail of impacted area) (2-3 photos)
NOTES
Flight Date: 9/18 Time Range to Fly: 4-6

here's an example . for me not worth my time or gas to head to these places . I will pick up my own shoots and screw the middle man , it's the middle man the ruined the family farms and will runin the drone biz IMO. the $70 dollar mission IMO is a joke payout for what's involved . remember your using your drone and need insurance along with time and gas . now the one below for $40 is even more of a joke . it would take min 1/2 hr to get there along with gas and set up etc . some may think this is good if so the best of luck . I think any good drone pilot will get plenty of work on his own . just a little time invested will pay out on the first job . IMO drone base is for kids not for people that go through the trouble of taking the part 107 . buying a drone and all that's needed to take the shoots . AGAIN this is all mho

Client Mission is available near you. Please log into your

Pilot Dashboard to review the details and accept or decline.

PAYOUT
$70

FLIGHT DATE
Monday, September 18, 2017
4:00PM MDT - 6:00PM MDT
Please refer to mission details and

respond to this email if bad weather is anticipated.

SHOT LIST
Image - Front of Property in Frame Risk Photo (1 image), Image - Address of Property (1 image), Images - Other collateral damage on property if present., Wall/Side Corner Images: Overview at Ground Level (1 image per corner), Wall/Side Back Corner Images (back against rear corners looking out toward back yard) (2 photos, 1 from Right-Rear corner and 1 from Left-Rear corner), Wall/Side Images: Context Overview shot of each side/wall of home from eye level (1 image per side), Wall/Side Images: Transition Overview shot of each side/wall of home from eye level (1-2 photos per side), Wall/Side Images: Close-Up Overview shots of

PAYOUT
$40

2785 Anchorage Ct, Loveland, CO 80538, USA
FLIGHT DATE
Best Time Available
SHOT LIST
Panorama Tiles
NOTES
panorama tiles Fly between 11 am and 2 pm on the next clear or partly cloudy day.
Check your Pilot Dashboard for more info.

Client Missions are more involved than Pano Missions, but there is guaranteed payout. The pilot must fly a list of specific shots, as specified by the client. We have selected only a handful of pilots capable of doing this with high quality. Within that handful, it’s first-come-first-serve to accept the mission.

Note, as the pilot, you will not have to do any video editing. Just fly your drone, upload the assets, and leave the rest to us.

each side/wall of home from eye level (1-2 photos per side), Roof Corner Images: Roof Level (1 image per corner), Roof Images: Context Overview of Roof Sides from the air (1-2 images per side), Roof Images: Transition Overview of Roof Sides from the air (1-2 images per side), Roof Images: Close up on Roof Sides from the air (1-2 images per side), Roof Image: Miscellaneous (Chimney and caps, gutters, etc) , Roof Image: Birds Eye Image looking straight down at entire property in frame (1 image), Roof images: Birds Eye Photos looking straight down (closer detail of impacted area) (2-3 photos)
NOTES
Flight Date: 9/18 Time Range to Fly: 4-6

The furthest I've driven is 10-15 min so it clearly depends on where your located. I'm a huge fan of dronebase as you clearly know from our previous back and forth messages earlier in the thread.

The furthest I've driven is 10-15 min so it clearly depends on where your located. I'm a huge fan of dronebase as you clearly know from our previous back and forth messages earlier in the thread.
not going to get into it with you . I have expressed my opinion and believe it is valid and valuable for this discussion . only the $40 job was with in 15 mins the $70 was 1/2 an hr away . you do what you wish but can't have an open discussions with only one sided views .

I have expressed my opinion and believe it is valid and valuable for this discussion . only the $40 job was with in 15 mins the $70 was 1/2 an hr away . you do what you wish but can't have an open discussions with only one sided views.

Maybe it's because you've come across as a real jerk when someone disagrees with you, had the nerve to call some of us liars or make snarky and negative remarks when someone says something positive about Dronebase or the money they've made.

You make points about the middle man and what DB pays for some shoots, AGREE! I wouldn't purposely drive 1/2 hour for a $40 shoot (unless there was some other perk in the deal), but if a $70 shoot was 15 minutes away from my house or on my way home from the full time job, why not? It takes about 45 minutes for me to do one, but you're probably going to say that's BS, so YOUR opinion. If you're that hung up on gas money, travel time and other incidentals, then I suggest you try working directly for someone that pays your mileage and benefits or sell that $1200 drone and do something else that might relieve your negativity!! I've taken my youngest daughter on a Sunday drive, did 4 panos, got paid for 3 (all within 20 minutes of my place) and had a great time doing it!!! It's called FUN, and a few bucks for having FUN for me is more than worth it!!! MY OPINION!

You're also come across as if this was our main source of income, as previously stated for me its "beer money" and a place to get my foot in the door (and its worked as I do other drone gigs that pay very well). I make a great living in my full time job so personally I could care less if a 107 operator is making $10 or $100 an hour, as long as they are doing it legally!!! Oh, and did I say they should be having FUN too?!? I think way back in this thread it was well established that DB was not going to make one rich.

Some on here enjoy the fact that a few bucks are being passed their way to fly their drones. Whether you think it was worth their time and effort to get their 107 to do this is THEIR business! You made your points, some of them very valid, but you would probably be more accepted if you weren't so negative and condescending.

Last edited:
Maybe it's because you've come across as a real jerk when someone disagrees with you, had the nerve to call some of us liars or make snarky and negative remarks when someone says something positive about Dronebase or the money they've made.

You make points about the middle man and what DB pays for some shoots, AGREE! I wouldn't purposely drive 1/2 hour for a $40 shoot (unless there was some other perk in the deal), but if a $70 shoot was 15 minutes away from my house or on my way home from the full time job, why not? It takes about 45 minutes for me to do one, but you're probably going to say that's BS, so YOUR opinion. If you're that hung up on gas money, travel time and other incidentals, then I suggest you try working directly for someone that pays your mileage and benefits or sell that $1200 drone and do something else that might relieve your negativity!! I've taken my youngest daughter on a Sunday drive, did 4 panos, got paid for 3 (all within 20 minutes of my place) and had a great time doing it!!! It's called FUN, and a few bucks for having FUN for me is more than worth it!!! MY OPINION!

You're also come across as if this was our main source of income, as previously stated for me its "beer money" and a place to get my foot in the door (and its worked as I do other drone gigs that pay very well). I make a great living in my full time job so personally I could care less if a 107 operator is making $10 or $100 an hour, as long as they are doing it legally!!! Oh, and did I say they should be having FUN too?!? I think way back in this thread it was well established that DB was not going to make one rich.

Some on here enjoy the fact that a few bucks are being passed their way to fly their drones. Whether you think it was worth their time and effort to get their 107 to do this is THEIR business! You made your points, some of them very valid, but you would probably be more accepted if you weren't so negative and condescending.

Yea actually 100% of all client missions I have completed have been on my lunch break of my day job where I'm paid salary so technically i'm still making money from work as well as drone base. Well said though! BRAVO!

Reactions: FLYBOYJ

well excuse me ! i can't help what tone you read into my posts . you do what you will, my time off is more important then beer money . in fact i earn enough i don't need to do side jobs to buy beer . lmao at how easy it seems to get people worked up over a simple discussion . some people can't handle facts are a reasonable opposite point of view

I think I was emailed by Dronebase re: Loveland home by the lake. I've worked Loveland prior, need to unlock airspace around Loveland airport. I declined. 40 min. round trip, tower and helipad calls, airspace unlock, insurance... $40?!

well excuse me ! i can't help what tone you read into my posts . you do what you will, my time off is more important then beer money . in fact i earn enough i don't need to do side jobs to buy beer .
Good for you! I bet your $1200 drone was very affordable drinking Budweiser or Coors Lite!

lmao at how easy it seems to get people worked up over a simple discussion some people can't handle facts are a reasonable opposite point of view
Worked up? Not even close. And I bet you cast no reflection in the mirror either.

Last edited:
You know both of you have valid points. Just different. When did we lose the ability to be different and still respect each other?

On the one hand a professional who values his time and is industrious would likely take the route to maximize his return, thus not go the Drone Base route.

Then again, how many hobbies can you actually make money, any amount, from? Different strokes ... no biggie.

Geo

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor