Drifts when in GPS mode

Anyway to see if it's perfectly calibrated it need to stay still in ATTI mode with no wind, not in gps mode

Thanks for the advice. If there is ever a time when it isn't windy here, I'll check it out. The times I've flown in ATTI mode it didn't behave abnormally. It reacted exactly as I anticipated. If the calibration was off by too much, one should be able to sense that even in a 5mph crosswind. I'll try to get it flying in a no wind condition to be sure. Living on the Coast, that's hard to find.

Thanks for the advice. If there is ever a time when it isn't windy here, I'll check it out. The times I've flown in ATTI mode it didn't behave abnormally. It reacted exactly as I anticipated. If the calibration was off by too much, one should be able to sense that even in a 5mph crosswind. I'll try to get it flying in a no wind condition to be sure. Living on the Coast, that's hard to find.

Yes here too is not easy to find a day with 0 wind. Anyway is the only way to check if your setup is perfectly calibrated and leveled. If not, in atti mode, the phantom will drift.

I have no idea why resetting BTU (Bluetooth Unit) worked in my particular situation. I had changed to NAZA-M mode and couldn't get the advanced calibration to complete. It kept hanging at roughly 90% complete. Wouldn't complete no matter what I tried. So since Reset BTU is right there, I just thought what the hell, I'll give it a try.

For some reason, it worked. I've been flying stably in NAZA-M ever since.

If I had to guess, resetting the BTU forces the bird into needing an advanced calibration. Perhaps it resets the compass in the process which allowed me to finish.
I have done that too - and I think it made a difference when I was having trouble doing advanced calibration.

So I tried last night and kept it in Naza just to see and I kept getting the over heating error. I had not run the unit so I am not sure where the error was coming from. I will put it in Phantom mode tonight.
Question: when running the calibration do I need to be outside with the GPS connected? I have been doing this inside on my hobby table?

So I tried last night and kept it in Naza just to see and I kept getting the over heating error. I had not run the unit so I am not sure where the error was coming from. I will put it in Phantom mode tonight.
Question: when running the calibration do I need to be outside with the GPS connected? I have been doing this inside on my hobby table?

I did it inside on my work table. Still had 9 sats locked in too.

Yes OEM props. And I don't think I get satellite in the house but I will check

Guys,

There's no need to switch Naza modes, be in a specific flight mode, or have GPS lock to perform the IMU cal.

The over temp. warning has been dismissed as a bug.

Is there a fix for the over heating? I can not seem to get past it to run the calibration

Ahh, I keep mine at about 76 degrees (in S. Fla. air con.) and am able to get all the stuff hooked-up and going in less than about 30 seconds and still get the warning.
Just ack. the warning and it will proceed.

Also keep in mind the Naza is a $200 (DJI's lowest tier) flight controller and will not perform perfectly in all situations.

As a reference the A2 flight controller costs $1200.

I did an advanced IMU last night like this:
  1. On my level granite table, had the bird ready for indoor power up (props off, gimbal clamp removed), with USB connected to computer. Bird was "cold" as in I hadn't powered it up yesterday.
  2. Brought up PC assistant, put it on the screen with advanced IMU calibration ready to click start.
  3. Powered up bird.
  4. As soon as the assistant recognized it, clicked start and OK'd ack screens.
  5. Never saw hot message, and cal completed in about 1 minute +-.
FYI my house is ~77 degrees F indoors. Did this with controller off so lights were flashing rapid yellow.

I did an advanced IMU last night like this:
  1. On my level granite table, had the bird ready for indoor power up (props off, gimbal clamp removed), with USB connected to computer. Bird was "cold" as in I hadn't powered it up yesterday.
  2. Brought up PC assistant, put it on the screen with advanced IMU calibration ready to click start.
  3. Powered up bird.
  4. As soon as the assistant recognized it, clicked start and OK'd ack screens.
  5. Never saw hot message, and cal completed in about 1 minute +-.
FYI my house is ~77 degrees F indoors. Did this with controller off so lights were flashing rapid yellow.
And? How did it fly?

Just to give an update on my experience here so that others may benefit.

Last night, right at sunset, there was zero wind. I took my drone out front and took off from my driveway. Came to a stable, 10' GPS mode hover and switched to ATTI mode with hands off the sticks. Couldn't even tell I had switched from GPS to ATTI until I started moving her around. For the 15 seconds after going to ATTI and before moving the sticks to fly around, she just stayed right there.

Just for further information, I'm running the latest versions of firmware and software. I don't think they've changed since last week.

I have run the update and I am now putting on a new duel antenna I will update when its done. Going to test it this weekend.

I put my Phantom in the fridge for 10 minutes and it STILL said it is over heating.
we are empty right now, need to go grocery shopping, lucky for me haha
20150625_171238.jpg
It made it through the advanced calibration though.

Hun, we are low on phantom, please stop by store on way home and get more!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic