Drifting

Reaction score
Hi guys. This is my first post as I’m very new to droning. I’ve owned my P3A for two days..

I’ve read and researched droning to death and plumped for a pre owned P3A in the end as my first drone. It’s in fantastic condition all round and came with a stack of extras, however my issue is whilst hovering it drifts. At all alts and left alone it shifts/drifts away from the gps point. It’s not severe but I’m just wondering whether this can be rectified? And if there’s anything I can do to prevent this?

Many thanks.

Hi simbo. Welcome to the forum. First of all have you got more then 6 satalittes showing? Also make sure it's not in ATTI mode

Hi simbo. Welcome to the forum. First of all have you got more then 6 satalittes showing? Also make sure it's not in ATTI mode

Hi mate, many thanks for response. It’s hugely appreciated. This evening it had connection to 20 satellites and was in “P” mode. Great bit of kit btw, what do you fly?

Thanks Doug. Apologies for asking but how do I do that? I’ve carried out 3 calibrations that’ve been suggested by the controller/on my phone - is this the same thing? What’s your thoughts on a P3A for a beginner, are there any pitfalls I should be aware of?

Many thanks.

There are numerous reasons for drift. Slightly unbalanced props, to a needed IMU calibration, and/or compass. If the drift is only a foot or so, it is not a big issue. A short video of the drift in question would help tremendously to identify the issue.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I would doubt however that this is a compass issue, unless the drift includes dramatic axial rotation.

First of all have you got more then 6 satalittes showing? Also make sure it's not in ATTI mode
On a seperate note: Just curious . Did you identify your previous post issue? Post on your thread please. Not here.....

Hi mate, many thanks for response. It’s hugely appreciated. This evening it had connection to 20 satellites and was in “P” mode. Great bit of kit btw, what do you fly?
Sorry for delay, I fly the P3A. Not as good as yours but I do love it [emoji4] did you do as suggested by recalibrating the IMU. it may also be worth recalibythe control sticks too as that might be causing an issue if it wasn't set correctly in the factory. Long shot I know but worth a try. Only takes a few seconds to do in the app

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Sorry for delay, I fly the P3A. Not as good as yours but I do love it [emoji4] did you do as suggested by recalibrating the IMU. it may also be worth recalibythe control sticks too as that might be causing an issue if it wasn't set correctly in the factory. Long shot I know but worth a try. Only takes a few seconds to do in the app

Hi mate. I’ve completed the calibration as prompted by my phone on the app. How do I complete other calibrations? Are there any links you could post for that?

Many thanks.

This thread has a good video on imu calibration. Suggest that you find a quiet, level and cool spot for the calibration. I have a place on my basement floor that works well. Turn the bird off and let it sit for alt least a half hour to cool down. Keeping it cool during calibration will help keep warm up times to a minimum when you fly. Once you start, go quickly as the imu will start to warm up as soon as you turn it on.

Thanks guys. Although it seems to have settled down somewhat over the last few flights. Really appreciate all that took the time to reply [emoji1303]

Reactions: Neon Euc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues