Drifting

Reaction score
Would unbalanced props make my p3s drift. I’m gonna trade it with a guy and he said he’s drifting. I sent him some cheap props along with the DJI props. He’s pretty sure he ran the cheap props and was saying it was drifting. He found the oem DJI props and is gonna run them tomorrow. I was telling him that the unbalanced props will make it do that after I watched a few videos that said that they would make it drift. But I thought I would ask here as well. So once more
Cheap unbalanced props=drift?
I never ran them. Just had them for spares. Only ran DJI props and it was always rock solid steady. Thank you very much for any help.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Wind will make it drift too until the GPS tolerance for error is hit.
I was flying from a boat ramp area off of a bay and had to take off up and out quickly or else it flew backwards. Once it was up in the air, it was stable.

Would unbalanced props make my p3s drift. I’m gonna trade it with a guy and he said he’s drifting. I sent him some cheap props along with the DJI props. He’s pretty sure he ran the cheap props and was saying it was drifting. He found the oem DJI props and is gonna run them tomorrow. I was telling him that the unbalanced props will make it do that after I watched a few videos that said that they would make it drift. But I thought I would ask here as well. So once more
Cheap unbalanced props=drift?
I never ran them. Just had them for spares. Only ran DJI props and it was always rock solid steady. Thank you very much for any help.
I run non-OEM props which I have balanced, but even before that I didn't have problems with drifting.

It may not be the case here, but be mindful too that some potential purchasers are always looking for an excuse to beat the price down, whether it's in a sale or a part-exchange.. :)

In gps mode the ac should always try and maintain location even if external influences such as wind or unbalanced props etc try to move it.
More likely the joysticks are not centred, try recalibrating.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl