Dreaded Camera Misalignment Issue

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I know this issue has been discussed quite frequently. I need to calibrate my Phantom 3 standard gimbal every time I restart the drone because the Camera comes up at an angle to the horizon. This calibration usually works, but it is just a pain to have to keep doing this. I have tried the gimbal adjustment fix where I take the back cover off and adjust the knob so the flat spot is level with the camera--
. I have trouble with moving this knob--I either move it to much and the camera tilts the other way, or I don't move it enough and it does not fix the problem

Can someone point me to posting or give some pointers when the adjustment above does not work? I have adjusted it a time or 2 by moving the Gimbal knob and the camera is fairly straight. But after minimal flying time and use of the drone, the camera becomes misaligned again. It is almost like it slips back out of place. I have noticed the round metal cover behind the camera will come off. I don't know if that has anything to do with this problem. The little piece usually connects back to the gimbal.

Any input/help would be appreciated.

Thank you, BuckeyeAce68

I an not see your picture but with my phantom 3s, the arm was bent and caused me to have to do the same thing. The arms can be found for less than $10 and it solved all my problems. Worth a try.

Yeah, give us some pictures, front and back of the camera in the wrong position.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20