Downloading video from remote

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have a phantom 4 pro. I was taking video with the drone and I seem to have had memory card problems. I'll address this later, but it apperas as if the drone saved the video to the remote. I have a remote that includes the display. I can view the videos in the album, but I don't see a way to download these to my computer. Any suggestions would be apprecated!

Thanks!
Trevor

Hey Trever,
Congrats on having a P4 Pro. Sorry about your card. Has to be frustrating. (Did you format it in the P4) You say you have a controller with display....is it Sky Crystal? Most use a tablet or phone for viewing. If the latter, then the video and photos will be on them, not the controller. The video will be in 720p. Photos will be good. I have an Android phone and all video and photos go to a folder under Gallery.
Hope this helps. Lots of knowledge in this forum, so you will get more info soon!

Hey Greg,

Thanks for the reply! I did manage to get the videos off. I'm not sure what Sky Crystal is. If you swipe down from the top of the screen you can set the device up as a USB drive... plunging this into my computer I was able to access the videos. Now onto diagnosing the SD card problem!

Thanks again!

When asking for help ... we really do need as much info as possible.

Drone model
Display brand / version / model
If card related - all details of the card itself

In some cases FW loaded to the drone / controller along with what version GO is being used ...

That way we have a reasonable idea of your setup and can then thnk about possibles ...

Think of it like :

I bought a new battery - but my car will still not start ... Help me ?

Reactions: Quest-So
Trevor,
Sky Crystal is a high contrast tablet from dji.
I have found many flights are 'trial and error'. Lots to learn with these things!
Good luck.

Hey Greg,

Thanks for the reply! I did manage to get the videos off. I'm not sure what Sky Crystal is. If you swipe down from the top of the screen you can set the device up as a USB drive... plunging this into my computer I was able to access the videos. Now onto diagnosing the SD card problem!

Thanks again!
Believe he is referring to the DJI CrystalSky tablet. I have one and they work great.

Hey all,

I have a phantom 4 pro. I was taking video with the drone and I seem to have had memory card problems. I'll address this later, but it apperas as if the drone saved the video to the remote. I have a remote that includes the display. I can view the videos in the album, but I don't see a way to download these to my computer. Any suggestions would be apprecated!

Thanks!
Trevor
As far as I know, a "+" RC such as yours has an SD card slot on the RC for updating FW or for playback of video and stills recorded on the AC's SD card. While flying, media is not recorded directly to the RC's SD card.

Any video cached to your RC's built in Android device would be only lower resolution downlink quality and inferior to what is recorded on your AC's SD card.

I don't have a "+" RC, so hopefully someone who owns one and understands it's features better than I do will confirm or correct my post. :)

Last edited:
The most common problem with SD cards is not formatting them in the aircraft after deleting the media files when you copy them to your computer. If it worked fine before but not now, formatting in bird will probably cure it. If it never worked properly then you may have an SD card that isn't compatible or not able to write data fast enough to keep up, especially if you're shooting in 4K.

The most common problem with SD cards is not formatting them in the aircraft after deleting the media files when you copy them to your computer. If it worked fine before but not now, formatting in bird will probably cure it. If it never worked properly then you may have an SD card that isn't compatible or not able to write data fast enough to keep up, especially if you're shooting in 4K.
I have found a few issues when deleting files on an SD card (Or any removable media) remove from your trashcan before unmounting/ejecting. Many times the deleted file storage is still on the card and want that flushed before it gets unmounted. I have not had any issues having to format but once on the AC initially. SD flash cards have limited number of cycles, most new ones are pretty high but still memory locations can go bad unexpectedly. more expensive SDD flash has auto wear protection, that detects and moves data to new locations, cheap SD and other flash do not. So formatting would help detect and not use those bad areas, but be careful not to format excessively.

More expensive SDD flash has auto wear protection, that detects and moves data to new locations, cheap SD and other flash do not. So formatting would help detect and not use those bad areas, but be careful not to format excessively.
The default "in aircraft" format is a Quick Format that merely erases the file index. It does not actually format the microSD card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31