Downloading pictures to computer

Reaction score
I think I have asked this question already but I am asking again. How do I download pictures and videos from my ad card to my computer. Also if I get this accomplished how do I get the pictures and videos to a flash drive. That"s is what I am trying to get done. Thanks. Oh! I do have a card reader.

I like using Google Drive by creating a folder then downloading to that folder.
Once they are in s folder right click it and select the drive you flash drive resides.
Www.google.com/drive use the drop down arrow near to left to download to folder from selected drive. It makes it easier for me sometimes to use a clean sd card for each shoot. Doing it that way you won't have to waste money on flash drives to give someone their photos. You just make the Google Driving folder shareable and give them the link

How do I download pictures and videos from my sd card to my computer.....I do have a card reader.
Most of us take the SD card from the AC and put it in our computers to transfer the media files. That is one easy option for you to consider and one I know you've had success doing before.
First real flight

Remove the SD card from your AC.
Put the SD card in your card reader.
Connect your card reader to your computer if it's not already connected.
On your computer, browse to the drive location of the media files.
Move the media files to a location of your choosing.

Note that there are several other ways to do what I described above.

Also if I get this accomplished how do I get the pictures and videos to a flash drive.That"s is what I am trying to get done.
Once you've moved the media files to your computer, simply plug in a flash drive and either cut/paste, copy/paste, drag/drop (etc) the files to the flash drive. There are also several other ways to do this step.

You could also move them directly from the SD card (in the card reader attached to your computer) directly to a flash drive also attached to your computer. That's if you aren't planning to store the originals on your computer at all. I think that most of us would first move them to our computers, review them, delete throwaways, etc before sharing them.

What @Tagmaster described above is also an option to consider. It is a more current and more convenient option for some. A lot depends on your comfort level and that of your audience.

Yes thanks for explaining in better detail Oso, I should have also mentioned putting the SD card into a card reader as opposed to trying to upload to Drive directly from your phone or something because the quality may suffer. The feedback I'm getting indicates most prefer Drop Box over Google Drive. I guess it's whatever you get used to.

SanDisk Ultra Dual USB 3.0 https://g.co/kgs/5X54eD 8 the Dual flash can be great in some situations as it allows a person to insert it into the charging port of phones. Not sure if they sell these for Apple or if Apple phones come with a mini usb port.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94