Downgrading firmware on P3P from 1.10.9 to 1.7.6

.....PS, stay with 1.7.6

I used to say stay with 1.4, and an old version of Litchi to not have height restrictions, ....but now with the development with 1.7.6, I think it is and will be the GO TO firmware to unlock everything.

Reactions: airbender
Airbender. Thank you for the info. I really only wanted to get to 1.8.0080 because it worked just fine for me. Just a note..others may have run into this or not, and may have already have posted concerning it. But when I tried to go from 1.9 to 1.8 I got + signs, like you cautioned. I have good reason to believe that the battery was not rolling back, I tried several times with the same results, so I decided to try it with the DEBUG file on the SD card. BINGO. No more + signs. Haven't tried flying yet but at a glance all seems to be good. Hope this helps if others run into this issue, Thanks again.

Hey folks I've been reading this and if the plus is bad news then I have it. I've had my p3p for about 2 months now and did the upgrade to 1.10.9 before flying thought all went we'll until reading this post . I checked my info and the plus is there 1.10.9+ what are my options . Should I downgrade or just apply the latest fw agin ? Thanks for the help and info you guys make this an awesome site.

Many say the + is stating you rolled back 1 fw (which was allowed prior to 1.10) Some say fw is corrupt. I've flown and had no issue.

I can officially say that the patch that removes altitude limitations and NFZ with 1.7.6 works.

The "patch" that removes this may be one or more of these parameters perhaps?

"index" : 211,

"typeID" : 0,

"size" : 1,

"attribute" : 11,

"minValue" : 1,

"maxValue" : 2,

"defaultValue" : 1,

"name" : "g_config.advanced_function.height_limit_enabled_0",

"modify" : true

"index" : 242,

"typeID" : 1,

"size" : 2,

"minValue" : 20,

"maxValue" : 500,

"defaultValue" : 120,

"name" : "g_config.flying_limit.max_height_0",

"index" : 428,

"typeID" : 1,

"size" : 4,

"minValue" : 0,

"maxValue" : 65535,

"defaultValue" : 50000,

"name" : "g_config.airport_limit_cfg.cfg_search_radius_0",

},

{

"index" : 429,

"typeID" : 0,

"size" : 1,

"minValue" : 0,

"maxValue" : 255,

"defaultValue" : 0,

"name" : "g_config.airport_limit_cfg.cfg_disable_airport_fly_limit_0",

If you ever figure out how to seed up rth let me know please....

Ok rolled back fw to 01.09 no plus using the debug method. Haven't tested in the air will do that in the morning. From what I've read should back up one more with debug and back to 1.09 without debug.Not sure if I should go all the way to 1.7.6 . Thanks to all for the help and input .

Things went well this morning . Put the bird in beginner mode and flew a battery. Did notice the upgrade required for a sec and back to green.My question should I go down one more and then back to 01.09 with out debug file? and should I decide to go on down to 1.7.6 should I use the debug file or no ?

Question, MY RC is at 1.6 and my bird is at 1.96 something...Can I roll back the AC to 1.760 with just he bin update from here? also, I have the current Litchi and autopilot apps not sure how they will be affected. I was a newb and updated to 1.9 awhile back and distance is now yuk big time. Thanks Fellas

From what I've read you shouldn't just jump to 1.760 on your bird do it in order in your case the next step is 1.80080 then to 1.760.

Reactions: Apilot101
Ok tried to downgrade firmware on rc to 1.60 failed several times restarted now rc is at 1.60 but it never completed. Any ideas ? It has to be a false 1.60 right. o and used the graduation method.

-UPDATE- Powered off controller reconnected tablet to RC it shows me I'm at 1.6 so downgraded anyway to 1.6 this time it completed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Apilot101
Is this thread Dead? I've been to GITHUB but that stuff is over my head right now. A lot of interesting things going on though there its really cool that people with knowledge on the fw and stuff are willing to share and help others.

From what I've read you shouldn't just jump to 1.760 on your bird do it in order in your case the next step is 1.80080 then to 1.760.
I figure because I'm on 1.9 I can go to 1.8 without any issues the DJI way but my concern is do I need the debug to go from 1.8 to 1.7? And I'm on a Mac OS so going back with the DJI App and all the other apps I use like litchi and autopilot won't happen..I really like litchi and autopilot so don't want to loose the ability to use them

Haven't went to 1.7 either so can't really help . Can tell ya be careful with the rc firmware I went to 1.6 didn't work well trying to get back to 1.8.0 wasn't so easy.

Haven't went to 1.7 either so can't really help . Can tell ya be careful with the rc firmware I went to 1.6 didn't work well trying to get back to 1.8.0 wasn't so easy.

I'm lucky, my RC is still at 1.6 and I aint touching it...LOL

Reactions: Trouble
Question for all who have down graded to 1.7.0060 . How is well is your bird flying? What firmware is your rc ? And your favorite Diogo app version? Just courious I only backed up to 1.9 and rc 1.8 and Dji go is up to date.

Question for all who have down graded to 1.7.0060 . How is well is your bird flying? What firmware is your rc ? And your favorite Diogo app version? Just courious I only backed up to 1.9 and rc 1.8 and Dji go is up to date.
Mine is doing just fine. Did a 1km flight over the weekend with windsurfers, no problems (aside from DJI Go deciding to not talk to the bird/RC until I did the reboot/cable unplug/plug dance after I swapped batteries).

AC is 1.7.6
RC is 1.5.8
DJI Go 2.4.2 (newer versions might work, but I've not tested this)

Pictures of the results are here on the first page of this thread

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT