Downgrade to upgrade

Reaction score
I was going through my flight P4 logs using Airdata today, and noticed that my issues started when DJI GO4 updated from v4.0.4. I use Android and after V4.0.4 I started having problems with "strong interference fly with caution" warnings, and the app crashing.

I have not done the firmware update because I have seen and read that it creates more problems and gives me nothing I need or want, and now adds another false warning about wind speed. What I want is a drone & app that are reliable and work, like I had in the past.

I think I may have found a version 4.0.4 apk but not sure if it is legit or if it will cause a problem. I know I downgraded the app one time before. This all reminds me of Windows 10, where people were scared, intimidated or tricked into upgrading something that was working well, for some stuff that a lot of people didn't want and messed up a bunch of stuff that was previously working well.

Does anyone know of any problems with downgrading the app?

Reactions: surcouf9
I was going through my flight P4 logs using Airdata today, and noticed that my issues started when DJI GO4 updated from v4.0.4. I use Android and after V4.0.4 I started having problems with "strong interference fly with caution" warnings, and the app crashing.

I have not done the firmware update because I have seen and read that it creates more problems and gives me nothing I need or want, and now adds another false warning about wind speed. What I want is a drone & app that are reliable and work, like I had in the past.

I think I may have found a version 4.0.4 apk but not sure if it is legit or if it will cause a problem. I know I downgraded the app one time before. This all reminds me of Windows 10, where people were scared, intimidated or tricked into upgrading something that was working well, for some stuff that a lot of people didn't want and messed up a bunch of stuff that was previously working well.

Does anyone know of any problems with downgrading the app?
no but if I could get my old app back I would to it worked fine on my phone hasn't work sence..

Using an older apk shouldn't cause problems by itself, just make sure you completely uninstall the new apk before you install the old one, don't try and install the old one over the top of the new one.

Reactions: gizmoking
Saying that I downloaded the DJI GO 3.0.1 apk last night. The minute I opened it on my phone a box appeared saying I need to upgrade. No way around that at all. Gutted really as that was a good app to use for me

Saying that I downloaded the DJI GO 3.0.1 apk last night. The minute I opened it on my phone a box appeared saying I need to upgrade. No way around that at all. Gutted really as that was a good app to use for me
There is a way around that, I am running 2.9.1. There were a few threads about this when the first forced update came along. I'll see if I can find a link.
You need to know your way around Android. Some files need to modified to stop the update.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Last edited:
Reactions: Neon Euc
I downgraded to GO v4.0.4 today and did a flight of 12 minutes. The app didn't crash...until I turned off the drone, then it crashed. I'll have to try it out some more, but for any work related stuff I'm using Litchi.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20