Dont buy this ****! DJI

Reaction score
I am aeromodeller for many years. I bought my Phantom Vision + on Amazon. When we arrived, made several flights and it was working properly.

The problem happened about 15 days after purchase:

I did some pictures and was recording the video When suddenly the propellers of the Phantom stopped spinning and he fell on the beach! The feeling I had is the if the battery had Been disconnected! I managed to get it back, but he sank into the salt water. The battery, camera and gimbal Also are broken.

ABOVE, THE SCREEN OF MY PHONE AT THE MOMENT OF THE FALL - THE OTHERS PICTURES I MAKE BEFORE THE PHANTOM FALL. THE SD CARD DONT DAMAGED!
20150326060000 (1).jpg
20150326060112.jpg
20150326060101.jpg
20150326060055.jpg
20150326060047.jpg
20150326060041.jpg
20150326060036.jpg

I made the complaint with the DJI and they told me that they would "share my injury" with me and give me 30% discount on the purchase of new Vision +! This is absurd!

I chose the DJI by the "reliability" of the products ... I have many witnesses to what happened ... I answered a questionnaire GIANT they sent me, but after selling them is horrible!

DJI abandoned me!

I found other battery cases rebooting during the flight ...

Its very possible the version you were givwn had ESC with a known problem that can cause them to overheat, melt wires, short out and fall from the sky. If you can take the top shell off or look under 1 of the arms you can easilly identify if you have the ESC with known fault.

The capacitors on each of the 4 ESC have a blue or black marking on them which sugnifies they are firmware 4.x

If the capqcitor has a yellow marking it means it has firmware 4.06 and is the good ESC.

MANY people had there brabd new quads fall from sky after a short amount of flights due to this issue.

I am on my phone now but hopefully someone else can post up a pic of the black,blue or yellow marking on the capacitor on the ESC....so you can idemtify which you had.

If ypu had one with known issue (blue/blue) I would demand free replacement. Heaps of threads about this already..

in saying all that, maybe its something else....but my money is on the ESC issue :(

Judging from you pics you should be able to lift up the cracked plastic on one of the arms to identify the ESC.....hopefully someone else posts up some pics... If not I'll do it tomorrow.. (on phone/about to goto bed now)

Beach 1 Phantom 0. These P2V+ v3s that make it to customers that just fall out of the sky are a joke. I am happy to have my P2V+ that I got in May of 2014 when they first came out. I wouldn't "upgrade" to most of the stock v3 components for all the tea at DJI. I think I would only trust the holy wifi module and the more pitched props and the TX and the larger copper shield of all the v3 components, all of which don't contribute to falling out of the sky.
  1. Latest ESCs? No. You never know if you are even going to get the right ones. You only need them if you have the new motors (See #2).
  2. Latest motors? No. Stock they have the crappy stiff wires. And you need the new ESCs to run them (See #1).
  3. Ferrite beads on some cables? Nah. GPS interference is solved with the low-tech foil mod, if you even have the problem at all.
Done ranting.

Sorry you fell victim (pun intended) to random **** DJI products.

Contact Amazon, you're within the 30 day return period, they will give you a refund. A friend of mine had the same problem, just fell from the sky, Amazon refunded it no problem.

In the time it takes to deal with DJI on any warranty claim I'm sure he is well past the 30 day window for Amazon.

BlackTracer, you have a more bullet proof quad compared to those of us that stepped over into the upgrade mine field. I wouldn't be afraid to fly your quad to the moon if I knew it wouldn't burn up.

LOL. Well, I have a P2V+v2 and I wouldn't consider it nearly "bullet-proof" unless the wifi unit is properly heat sinked, the GPS foil mod is added, a gimbal inertia guard is in place, a camera protection skid is attached, and all accessible wire connections are occasionally checked. Even having done all that, I just bought a Marco Polo tracker for it. Remember, the P2V+v2 was not without issues.

Sorry to see your loss .Did you contact Amazon where you got it with this ?

Hi, Amazon tell that the responsability is of DJI... i'm not happy with the after sales of DJI...

The DJI asked for some video to prove the accident... but when the battery power off, the camera of Vision + power off too!

What happened to me was like this video ... the battery disconnected in flight ... only this, the guy was wearing a GoPro, then the camera remained recording during the fall ...

The battery reboot.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: bres
So sad to hear about your loss :(
My ESC's capacitors have a blue mark on them, and there isn't any indication of version written on board.
Also, my motors have the three big fat wires. Do I need to change ESCs for any insurance? I really don't want to have this problem.

Let me know.

[rodrigo, tu é br cara? kkkkk
muito triste sua perda, como eram os escs?]

Reactions: Rodrigo Santorio
In the time it takes to deal with DJI on any warranty claim I'm sure he is well past the 30 day window for Amazon.

BlackTracer, you have a more bullet proof quad compared to those of us that stepped over into the upgrade mine field. I wouldn't be afraid to fly your quad to the moon if I knew it wouldn't burn up.
Thanks for that vote of confidence Frank. I am afraid I am becoming complacent as it flies so well it's scary. I always live with the fear that it will do something unpredictable, and thankfully that hasn't happened yet. I wish every flyer the luck I have with this thing. I hope I did not jinx myself.

MapMaker53 said:
Well, I have a P2V+v2 and I wouldn't consider it nearly "bullet-proof" unless the wifi unit is properly heat sinked, the GPS foil mod is added, a gimbal inertia guard is in place, a camera protection skid is attached, and all accessible wire connections are occasionally checked. Even having done all that, I just bought a Marco Polo tracker for it. Remember, the P2V+v2 was not without issues.

I have heat sinked my wifi, I have added a GPS copper foil mod, I have a gimbal inertia guard, I have no camera protection skid, I check connections on a regular basis, I have no tracker which is probably stupid I know but I am a cheapskate.

It happens. More often than people like to admit. To be fair to DJI the first Vision I bought unexplainably crashed and I sent it to them and received another one with all new parts.

This is the state of the ESC when i opened!

It looks like the Mosfet (the 6 square things) blew up.
what color marking does the capacitor have ? I bet its blue... :(

So sad to hear about your loss :(
My ESC's capacitors have a blue mark on them, and there isn't any indication of version written on board.
Also, my motors have the three big fat wires. Do I need to change ESCs for any insurance? I really don't want to have this problem.

Let me know.

[rodrigo, tu é br cara? kkkkk
muito triste sua perda, como eram os escs?]

Yes you need to change ESC... the blue markings are version 2.0 or older
You want the new ESC that has yellow marking.. they are version 2.1 (or 4.06 if you want to be technical :/ )

The ESC blows up.. it happens to V3 owners or people who upgraded to new 2312 motors (which the v3 have included)... DJI said to use ESC 2.0 for the upgrade and they were wrong.It even included a little note with the motors to say to use 2.0... But yeah it was not correct.. thats the upgrade minefield Frank is refering to... The hole situation is pretty sad... Anyways DJI quickly released ESC 2.1 as the fix... they were not very vocal about the situation or the fix....

Last edited:
Justin00, can you refresh my memory as to the implication of the color marking on the caps? Since my +v3 is less than two weeks old, do I void warranty if I open the top to check the inside?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.