DOI grounds it's own Chinese Drones

Reaction score
Article appeared today at SUAS News. I remember some talk about this not too long ago. Now the DOI is grounding all the Chinese drones, with a few exceptions, as listed in the news clip.

Reactions: Adamborz
The copy states that the DOI is no longer using the chinese drones THAT IT OWNS. Not all chinese drones in the USA, as your title implies.
Oh, I see. Didn't mean to imply that at all. Changed the title. Thanks for pointing that out.

Reactions: JeffreyS
I was reading on the commercial drone pilot's forum and there is talk of how this grounding of drones could hurt several ongoing projects or studies, like the environmental monitoring drones used at oil fields or mapping done by the USGS. Wonder what other implications might be had and what alternatives will be issued to resolve which drones can be used. And could this even affect the average consumer at some point?

Reactions: clackey
Thank you for sharing. Really interesting the government can shut down our drones if and when they please.
Not sure where you got that idea from.
There's nothing in this thread that suggests the government can shut down our drones if and when they please.
They can't.

Reactions: Gregg Kielma
They can shut down anything they need to. One way or the other... and yes they can and will....
Your imagination is running way ahead of the facts and I still can't see why you are commenting on this thread.
I'll say it again.
Not sure where you got that idea from.
There's nothing in this thread that suggests the government can shut down our drones if and when they please.
They can't.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic