Does your controller look like this??

Reaction score
The arm that holds a phone on my Vision plus does not tighten. No matter how hard I tighten the screws on the frame, it just flops around.
Searching for some answers I see that the arm on my Phantom looks different that all of the images I've seen on the net. For example, this is what I'm seeing on demo videos/images, note the hollow cutouts:

http://www.uavdirect.com/Phantom-Smartphone-Bracket-p/djisp-p2v-sph.htm

parm.jpg

However this is what I have. Perhaps just a difference in release date or perhaps a geographic sales difference?

In any event, is this a floppy arm something anyone else has seen (has any thoughts how to fix) ??

Tim

Hi Tim...

Strange, my phone arm is the exact opposite, it's so tight I can barely rotate/move it. Sorry I can't help you with this, hope you can get it fixed somehow.

Strange. Mine has the cutouts. I would contact the dealer or DJI and request a replacement bracket. As an interim fix, you could use a split grommet, a thin strip of rubber like from a bicycle tube, etc, placed under the clamp point so it can tighten sufficiently to remain in place.

Dirty Bird said:
Strange. Mine has the cutouts. I would contact the dealer or DJI and request a replacement bracket. As an interim fix, you could use a split grommet, a thin strip of rubber like from a bicycle tube, etc, placed under the clamp point so it can tighten sufficiently to remain in place.

Thanks Bird-- I'll try something along the lines you suggest.

Sasquatch said:
What do you guys mean by "cutouts'?

(Nevermind), I see what you guys are talking about now. Mine doesn't have them either.
m

Ah, good to hear I'm not alone. Wonder why or when they changed the composition of this arm holder. (?)

I guess I'm not getting what you mean by "solid". The two phillips head screws look counter sunk, just like mine, and mine hold very tight. What do you mean by "solid" versus "hollow"?

SilentAV8R said:
I guess I'm not getting what you mean by "solid". The two phillips head screws look counter sunk, just like mine, and mine hold very tight. What do you mean by "solid" versus "hollow"?

Take a look at his original posting and the link he provided - it will make sense when you see it.

Duh!! :oops: Now I get it. But the cut outs in the bar itself should not have any bearing on how tight it holds. Perhaps they made the circular area a smidge to large where it clamps the transmitter.

Like Bird said ... just add some thin shim stock to the inside of the clamp, and you should be GTG.

But yeah ....... it looks like you got one before it went through all the machining steps back at the mother ship. :?: :?:

On edit ...... you could also clamp the small piece in a vice and file off some material from the surface of it's two mating pads (around the screw holes) so it clamps tighter.

I had the same difficulty of not being able to tighten the screws on the mount to keep it from rotating.

I managed to solve the problem by loosening the two screws that hold it and slide the bracket towards the bend in the support rod and then tightening the screws. Tightening the screws now resulted in the bracket not being rotated so easily.

Carroll Lam

rrhansen said:
SilentAV8R said:

Take a look at his original posting and the link he provided - it will make sense when you see it.

Would be better if there was a photo from a different angle, looks the same as mine.

tymb said:
The arm that holds a phone on my Vision plus does not tighten. No matter how hard I tighten the screws on the frame, it just flops around.
Searching for some answers I see that the arm on my Phantom looks different that all of the images I've seen on the net. For example, this is what I'm seeing on demo videos/images, note the hollow cutouts:

http://www.uavdirect.com/Phantom-Smartphone-Bracket-p/djisp-p2v-sph.htm

parm.jpg

However this is what I have. Perhaps just a difference in release date or perhaps a geographic sales difference?

In any event, is this a floppy arm something anyone else has seen (has any thoughts how to fix) ??

Tim

I swear to god, this was me.
It would barely catch on and I had to hold my controller steady so my galaxy note didnt weigh too heavily in one direction and flop down.

Then one day (hot day?), the arm was incredibly tight and stayed so ever since.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl