If you fitted long range antennae to your controller where did you bring the connectors through the controller shell and why?

• Thread starter Deleted member 120647
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 120647

I have just reshelled the two controllers with broken screw holes.
One contoller had the connectors to bring the 'antennae leads' out through the original antennae holes and I used this method on that controller. The other controller does not have the correct connector to do this and the 'far face' of the original shell had been drilled to allow it's shorter connectors through the shell.
I have also seen photos where these connectors passed through the top of the shell.
I am therefore pondering the advantages and disadvantages of these two places i.e. "far face" vs "top of the shell".

With regard's to the SMA? connectors on the leads between the external connection on the shell and the antennae themselves, is there a convention as to the gender of the central connection at either endof the lead? I ask because one set of leads are male to female whilst the other set are female to female, the difference being a consequence of the gender of the central connection on the actual antennae.
Thanks

Yes there is a convention.
Look here:

They are electrically the same and may be used in combinations to prevent cross-connecting devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.