Gimbal Main Board Capacitor ID

Reaction score
Good morning! I hope you slept well.

I am most of the way through straightening out the aftermath of a previous owner's landing mishap and botched attempt at repair of my P2V+'s gimbal assembly.

The last piece of the puzzle involves resoldering two SMD capacitors to the gimbal board that were wiped out when the yaw arm was pressed to its extreme all the way to the main gimbal circuit board, rotated, and knocking them off. No other major damage seems to exist to the board on close visual observation. No electronic diagnostic yet until a missing value has been replaced.

One cap exists, I can determine its value with a multimeter while it is out and possibly resolder it back in place. One does not exist any more and I would like to replace it. I would really appreciate it if someone holds the knowledge of these caps and will share.

Oh, sure, why not just pick up a new main board? I've seen them for sale on here for $100. Supply and demand, certainly. But I repair vintage stereo equipment in my off time and can see that I'm holding about $10 worth of cheap SMD parts, and i'm only missing one .03 cent capacitor that is frightfully unprotected from the swinging arm of a compressed gimbal assembly. My speculation leads me to believe people have experienced this before and may know off hand the values of these caps.

I've tried for days to locate the correct keywords to search for a circuit diagram, service manual or post concerning this issue to no avail. I see I got my vehicle just after DJI ceased support for it, so I assume if I ask Shenzhen to be sent a schematic I will receive a sales brochure for a P4 instead, best case scenario. Correct me if I'm wrong, though.

You can see the two missing capacitor pads to the left of the shaft position sensor hole. If a doodle around the caps is necessary, let me know.

One observation, they seem to be the same physical size as a few other caps on the board, which I know means little electrically, but it is quite common to find a bunch of capacitors of the same value grouped together in circuits, making deduction simpler if this has never come up before.

And, thank you for your brainpower!

1485526767116.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj