Does video link ever reconnect after loss?

Reaction score
Hi all,

First post so be kind ;)

I've had a P3A for a couple weeks now and last weekend I tried a distance flight. I got to 3KM with perfect video and signal still very strong and decided that was enough, so came back. Slight head wind on the return, which I realised there would be before taking off and still managed to land the thing with around 50% battery - so all excellent!

On the return leg however, the video link was lost a short way in. It was still disconnected on landing, I had stick control but no video. Is this normal? Would the live camera feed ever reconnect by itself or should I have chosen to attempt to reconnect - was I being nooby? All was fine because I used the go-home and took over control when coming in to land.

Here's a link to the logs, full video isn't overly exciting but happy to upload somewhere if anyone wants to share.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative Flight Data Analysis That Matters

Thanks!

Hi Joey,
My self i fly a Phantom 3 Advanced.
I was flying at round 2300m in a high interference area.
I suddenly lost video connection and it flew home, After about 20 secs of video blackout and at a distance of about 2000m, My phantom reconnected and reestablished its video feed.
I Used to fly a Phantom 2 vision + and when the fpv was lost at a distance, you couldn't see what the drone was seeing until it was seriously close to reconnect up, i think they have fixed this with the Lightbridge. You phantom should be reconnecting when it becomes back in range. Check the landing gear is unobstructed and not damaged as that is where the antennas are.
Kind Regards

Hi all,

First post so be kind ;)

I've had a P3A for a couple weeks now and last weekend I tried a distance flight. I got to 3KM with perfect video and signal still very strong and decided that was enough, so came back. Slight head wind on the return, which I realised there would be before taking off and still managed to land the thing with around 50% battery - so all excellent!

On the return leg however, the video link was lost a short way in. It was still disconnected on landing, I had stick control but no video. Is this normal? Would the live camera feed ever reconnect by itself or should I have chosen to attempt to reconnect - was I being nooby? All was fine because I used the go-home and took over control when coming in to land.

Here's a link to the logs, full video isn't overly exciting but happy to upload somewhere if anyone wants to share.

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative Flight Data Analysis That Matters

Thanks!
Same thing was happening to me on firmware 3.2 seems to be fixed on the latest firmware 4.1

Thanks all!!

The landing gear looks fine, it is only a week old after all. I was running 4.1.

Perhaps a software issue then, I'm running the android version on a dodgy cheapo chinese tablet (the Teclast X98 3G) so it's not supported. Tablet is working fine otherwise though, no issues upto then (if that was a software issue).

Sounds like at least it should have reconnected, which is what I would have expected.

Thanks all!!

The landing gear looks fine, it is only a week old after all. I was running 4.1.

Perhaps a software issue then, I'm running the android version on a dodgy cheapo chinese tablet (the Teclast X98 3G) so it's not supported. Tablet is working fine otherwise though, no issues upto then (if that was a software issue).

Sounds like at least it should have reconnected, which is what I would have expected.

Hi Joey,

I also have a Teclast X98 air 3G, I will be receiving my P3P in about a week, can you tell me a little bit more on how does the tablet works so far? have you encountered any other problems working with this tablet?

Thanks

The tablet itself is great. I've re imaged the android rom with a lightweight version, see tech tablets the latest version just has a bat file you need to run on Windows and it runs you through the whole thing!

Screen is great quality and very bright, could do with a hood but I suspect they're all like that!
No video lag, everything smooth and responsive
No bugs or issues

Apart from the one mentioned above. I'm on latest firmware with latest app etc and I've had the video cut out issues three times now. It would be fine if it ever came back.... The map still works so I just use that / LOS to bring it home. Quick reset of everything and it's working again.

I've flown quite a bit so this doesn't happen that often - but it is very annoying when it does of course.

I'm off to New Zealand (from UK) today and taking the drone. Wish me luck with the customs!

You won't have any issues with NZ customs. Make sure you update yourself on CAA regs and local council rules.

The tablet itself is great. I've re imaged the android rom with a lightweight version, see tech tablets the latest version just has a bat file you need to run on Windows and it runs you through the whole thing!

Screen is great quality and very bright, could do with a hood but I suspect they're all like that!
No video lag, everything smooth and responsive
No bugs or issues

Apart from the one mentioned above. I'm on latest firmware with latest app etc and I've had the video cut out issues three times now. It would be fine if it ever came back.... The map still works so I just use that / LOS to bring it home. Quick reset of everything and it's working again.

I've flown quite a bit so this doesn't happen that often - but it is very annoying when it does of course.

I'm off to New Zealand (from UK) today and taking the drone. Wish me luck with the customs!

Thank you so much for this useful information, really appreciate it. Have fun in New Zealand and if you have youtube channel I would love to watch your videos.

As for the costume rom you have installed, could you send me a link and a bit more information about it? I am currently runing thr stock kitkat rom(4.4).

Have much of fun.

Last edited:
I recently had the same issue, video image frozen while flying.
At some point I pushed the shutter button for photo and it reset the video.

To answer your question: yes, it does. I usually just hover in place for a moment, and that usually does the trick. If not, I backtrack. Never had this problem before updating to the version that introduced POI, etc. Not sure I will ever do another update ... much in the same way that I have never owned a car with an automatic transmission.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl