Does Using Litchi Avoid Geofencing???

Reaction score
Does using Ltichi (or another app) avoid the Geofencing with the Phantom 3 advanced?

I have been trying to get help from DJI Support unlocking the Geofence but they just tell me to use a different internet connection. I can't do that if I am out in the field using cell service.

Or is the geofence info "stored" in the aircraft itself???

Or maybe I just need to stop using DJI products???

Because the Aircraft itself uses GPS as well as your display ... the Geofencing is part of the Aircraft FW and can only be over-ridden by the DJI authorisation you are having difficulty with.

In effect Litchi piggybacks DJI's own system and cannot alter this.

I can't do that if I am out in the field using cell service.
Assuming your phone has cellular data and wifi, have you tried setting up a hot spot with your phone and logging into that?
Would probally be slow but has worked for me.

Because the Aircraft itself uses GPS as well as your display ... the Geofencing is part of the Aircraft FW and can only be over-ridden by the DJI authorisation you are having difficulty with.

In effect Litchi piggybacks DJI's own system and cannot alter this.

Thank you for the clarification!

Assuming your phone has cellular data and wifi, have you tried setting up a hot spot with your phone and logging into that?
Would probally be slow but has worked for me.

Thank you for the reply, Point George.

Yes, I was actually using the djo go app on my cellphone, which had service in that particular area. Yet the DJI GO app was NOT connecting to the DJI servers. I was able to connect other apps to the internet from that location at that time (i.e., I could check my email and go to various websites at that time) . Just for whatever reason, specifically the DJI Go app would not connect to the dji servers.

Now, maybe it will work IF instead of trying to connect from the camera control screen, I back out to the main screen (the white screen that says "Connect Your DJI device") click on the Me link, and login that way. But I just don't know if that will carry over once I go back to the camera control screen.

I will be back at the location on Thursday so hopefully I can get it to work this time.

BTW: I sent a support request and the person who responded said:

"use a different internet connection."

They didn't explain to me HOW I could use a different internet connection when I am using cell service on my phone out in the field. They also did not care to elucidate on why other apps were able to connect to the internet but not the DJI Go app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31