Does the transmitter charges the phone?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does the P3 transmitter charges the plugged device with its integrated 6000mph battery? Cause basically I planned to charge my iPhone with a portable charger to never run out of battery wherever I am. But apparently you need to plug the USB wire to the device in order to make it work.

Any ideas? :)

The USB does charge the phone. Its rated at 0.5 amp. The problem is that your smart device chews as at a faster rate when the screen is on. Most smart phone devices require a 2.1amp charger.

The USB does charge the phone. Its rated at 0.5 amp. The problem is that your smart device chews as at a faster rate when the screen is on. Most smart phone devices require a 2.1amp charger.

Actually a .5 to 1amp charger is enough to keep most normal screen sized phones topped off in charge. Nothing other than a tablet require more than 1.5 amp to stay charged. 2.1 amp chargers are not required by any device other than maybe an iPad to stay topped off. The main thing is the 2.1 amp charge allows for fast charging the device and not a minimum requirement just to maintain a charge while in use.

Actually a .5 to 1amp charger is enough to keep most normal screen sized phones topped off in charge. Nothing other than a tablet require more than 1.5 amp to stay charged. 2.1 amp chargers are not required by any device other than maybe an iPad to stay topped off. The main thing is the 2.1 amp charge allows for fast charging the device and not a minimum requirement just to maintain a charge while in use.
Unless you have a Nokia, all smart phones/devices with the screen on will chew the 0.5amp.

When I had the Samsung Galaxy S4 it definitely did charge it.

However it doesn't charge it enough to keep it running if the phone is at low battery. One flight I started at 5% phone battery, thinking the charger would keep it alive, and it died mid flight when I was about 2 miles away. Definitely an experience I wouldn't recommend.

Hey guys,

Does the P3 transmitter charges the plugged device with its integrated 6000mph battery? Cause basically I planned to charge my iPhone with a portable charger to never run out of battery wherever I am. But apparently you need to plug the USB wire to the device in order to make it work.

Any ideas? :)
My Nvidia Shield shows the charging screen when I plug it into the Controller. So the answer is yes.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj