Does anyone *not* have a tilted camera horizon?

Reaction score
Hi all,

Still waiting on my P3P to arrive, but I notice so many people complaining of a tilted horizon. As we well know, however, people with normal horizons aren't exactly going to come and shout about it. So, if you have a perfectly functioning gimbal and your camera stays perfectly level, please let us know by posting here!

Many thanks for helping to put my mind at ease.

Just calibrate on a level surface an all seems well.

Calibration is your friend. I even used a spirit level to check the surface I used for calibration to make sure it's perfect.

It did it on my second flight, not seen it since.
It probably would have been doing it the first flight but I was just pootling about.
After the second flight I did firmware then full IMU and gimbal calibration.

With mine it was the sudden tilt during a yaw then very slow recovery.

Mine had a slightly tilted horizon out of the box, and was also leaning to a greater tilt while yawing. A gimbal calibration on a perfectly level surface made all the difference. NB: gimbal cali is not the same as an IMU cali. My IMU was fine already.

My horizon had tilt problems when I updated fw to 1.2.8, but after the latest 1.3.20 fw update, it has been level. After I updated fw, I ran an IMU calibration on a level (both ways) surface, then did a gimbal calibration right after on that same level surface. I have had no problems since.

Reactions: Bag1
No issues

I upgraded to 1.3.20 and noticed the horizon in my videos is 'level'. It looks much better than what I had out of the box. I never upgraded until day before yesterday.

Hi all,

Still waiting on my P3P to arrive, but I notice so many people complaining of a tilted horizon. As we well know, however, people with normal horizons aren't exactly going to come and shout about it. So, if you have a perfectly functioning gimbal and your camera stays perfectly level, please let us know by posting here!

Many thanks for helping to put my mind at ease.
my gimbal is okay

The new DJI Go software has a new sticky gimbal correction. So if you correct the horizon by say -1.2, it will stay that way the next time you take the P3 flying.

Reactions: Trumple
Tilted suddenly (while flying) yesterday, after latest firmware update. Remained tilted for the rest of the flight.
No issues before (have it for a month).

Will calibrate tomorrow and see if anything improves.

Mine was fine out of the box. Had to go thru two firmware updates on all of my gear, and it all worked great. I just finished my 10 for 10 flights break-in (10 flights to 65% batt level for 3 batteries = 30, 8 to 9 minute flights) All landing on a 2' dia. styrofoam landing pad that I made. Setting down nice and easy. It just hovers 6" above the landing pad until I inch it down.
I have done most of my flights with a simple signal booster and I get a full signal all the time.
DJI Phantom 3 / Inspire 1 Controller / Video Range Booster ~ Windsurfer

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.