Does anyone know which unit of measurement DJI uses

Reaction score
For calculating mileage distances? For those of us in the states who find measurement in meters all too confusing we have either statute miles or nautical miles. They are different and for the aviation world the standard is nautical miles, EXCEPT when referring to VFR data statute mileage numbers are used across the board. As confusing as this already is does anyone have any legit info on how this applies to us UAV pilots?

Reactions: dronex123
For calculating mileage distances? For those of us in the states who find measurement in meters all too confusing we have either statute miles or nautical miles. They are different and for the aviation world the standard is nautical miles, EXCEPT when referring to VFR data statute mileage numbers are used across the board. As confusing as this already is does anyone have any legit info on how this applies to us UAV pilots?

The app uses feet, any kind of mileage would be your own calculation based off of feet.

For calculating mileage distances? For those of us in the states who find measurement in meters all too confusing we have either statute miles or nautical miles.
Here are your options:
i-ccF4fQt-M.png

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Let me rephrase my question. When DJI claims a range of 4.3 miles do you suppose it’s 4.3 nautical miles or 4.3 statute miles?

Let me rephrase my question. When DJI claims a range of 4.3 miles do you suppose it’s 4.3 nautical miles or 4.3 statute miles?
Probably statute miles - because no-one understands nautical miles except navigators.
Whether it's 7 or 8 kilometres doesn't matter much because both are further than you should be flying if you want to keep your Phantom.

You can change your readout from meters to feet but on mine there are still some numbers that won't change such as RTH height. I have mine set at 40 meters. It does not change that to feet and I believe there are other places, unless I missed a setting somewhere. All my distances show feet and speeds are mph

Probably statute miles - because no-one understands nautical miles except navigators.
Whether it's 7 or 8 kilometres doesn't matter much because both are further than you should be flying if you want to keep your Phantom.

So, you don’t know. Which is fine. I was just curious if anyone did know. I’m well aware of the limits and range capabilities of my Phantom. It was just a question. You have a lot of knowledge, but I don’t understand why you seem to enjoy validating the legitimacy of people’s questions on here. You do it often and all I’m saying is you might want to back off of that a bit.

Statute is actual land measurement, like the distance between Atlanta and someplace you don't want to go. Say Chicago. Nautical is for charting

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z