does anyone else polish their drone

Reaction score
since i'm the sort of person that likes to keep things new and in great shape i polished my drone .
I used NU-Finish which is a polish not a wax . it's a polymer . of course i kept it away from sensitive parts but the shell and props i polished well . One thing is the bugs wipe right off and it gives me the chance to closely inspect the drone for any damage that may have occurred during a flight .
So is anyone else as **** as this or am i'm in a class by myself

I too am a polisher. I haven't actually used polish ( about to go buy some).
I always take a damp cloth to I entire drone as well as inspect my bird.
Magic eraser works well too. I take my batteries off charger as soon as they are done. Rc unit charges alone and unplugged when done.
The gimbal and camera receive same attention.
Your not the only obsessive out here. Lol
Glad to know im not alone.

I also like to keep the things in good shape, but after cleaning (wiping off dust and spots) shell and props I'm done with it ;)
Well it's only a once a yr polish and the bugs wipe off so much easier and no spots , You'll spend less time cleaning .

WD 40 does the job beautifully.
I spray a little into a micro fibre cloth and takes of any residue easily and leaves the phantom look like it's new.

Reactions: Exsniperex
WD 40 does the job beautifully.
I spray a little into a micro fibre cloth and takes of any residue easily and leaves the phantom look like it's new.
I believe WD40 is a solvent. I'd be a little concerned it could affect the plastic.

I wipe it down regularly to remove bugs and grime. When needed, I use very light sandpaper on props to smooth them out if they get chewed up due to landing issues.

I believe WD40 is a solvent. I'd be a little concerned it could affect the plastic.
WD40 is a LUBIRCANT but only for short term use. It's really better used as a Water Displacement (hence WD). I'd consider it a "light" lubricant and realize it's not a grease/oil replacement.

From the WD40 website:

Myth:

WD-40® Multi-Use Product is not really a lubricant.

Fact: While the “W-D” in WD-40® stands for Water Displacement, WD-40® Multi-Use Product is a unique, special blend of lubricants. The product’s formulation also contains anti-corrosion agents and ingredients for penetration, water displacement and soil removal.

What surfaces or materials are OK to use WD-40® Multi-Use Product on?

WD-40® Multi-Use Product can be used on just about everything. It is safe to use on metal, rubber, wood and plastic. It can also be applied to painted metal surfaces without harming the paint. Polycarbonate and clear polystyrene plastic are among the few surfaces on which to avoid using a petroleum-based product like WD-40® Multi-Use Product

I don't, just remove bugs with damp
cloth and little soap if needed from shell and props, for minimum nice looking while check overall status.

DJI person checking if the shell is enough glossy? I answer yes it's nice looking and not going worse or yellow after exposing hours to sun and UV's. NEVER seen any complain about that for white P4.

There is wax and wax, some might contain alcool distillate and little abrasive, some not. For me it's an overkill as aircraft meant to fly rather than exposed on the shelf - or both - that's your personal choice I fully respect!

Actually mine is seating in leaving room curently, let me check if nice looking right away...... [emoji1]

since i'm the sort of person that likes to keep things new and in great shape i polished my drone .
I used NU-Finish which is a polish not a wax . it's a polymer . of course i kept it away from sensitive parts but the shell and props i polished well . One thing is the bugs wipe right off and it gives me the chance to closely inspect the drone for any damage that may have occurred during a flight .
So is anyone else as **** as this or am i'm in a class by myself
Not a polisher (panelbeater spraypainter done my share of pollishing)but keep clean,bloody thing worth more than me Honda

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.