Does anybody take their Phantom out on their Bike?

Reaction score
My wife and I love to go out cruising on our (motor)bike. Now we can combine it with another great hobby of flying my quad. Anybody else doing this? What case are you using and how do you secure it?

Reactions: Bigdz
Backpack, +1

I've been shopping for a backpack. The best spots to fly around here are all places i'd much rather ride to.

Reactions: JdotB
backpacks.jpg
My wife and I love to go out cruising on our (motor)bike. Now we can combine it with another great hobby of flying my quad. Anybody else doing this? What case are you using and how do you secure it?

I got 2 of these and love them. I keep my quads in car at all times now ready to go.

also it has bottom and waist strap to help keep it tight on back when I ride my bike(human power).

are there better cases ? for sure.
but for under 50 and free shipping cant go wrong...

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=73614

For travel on my Spyder RS-S, I am still using the box my Phantom was delivered in. The factory cardboard. I will eventually buy a decent case or back pack. But for now, I simply bungee the box which is in a canvas bag, to the rear passenger seat and hand holds. It works well enough.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:
Givi E55 with OEM Phantom Box.

Attachments

• IMG_7266.JPG
    IMG_7266.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 403
  • IMG_7270.JPG
    IMG_7270.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 561
  • IMG_7273.JPG
    IMG_7273.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 497
I take it with me on my 2002 roadking.
I love to ride and fly, so why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone ;)

I was using vanguard II backpack very bulky
I just purchased Hardshell backpack it works perfect!

I do take it on my Connie. Since i have a top Givi case, I put the P3A in there and the rest in my laptop backpack which goes in the sidecase. I'll post pics later tonight after work.

No problem on my bike with the P3P, i use the backpack from firstpersonview but i must admit its not very often because if i ever was to be involved in even a minor accident the P3 is toast after sliding down the road, no worries about me or the bike as they are insured, there again would they pay for a P3 on your back if the accident was not your fault?
My backpack.
292uw0g.jpg

wbs1z5.jpg

My DJI hard shell back pack fits in my road glide ultra trunk just fine with room to spare.

Reactions: Bigdz
I have a lightweight backpack that I bought on Ebay. Works great and isn't expensive.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carry-Cas...t=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item566b361009

It was for a P2, so the controller doesn't quite fit; I had to modify it so the remote can sit upright with the antennae at the top.
Very similar back pack here, I have a softly sprung trail bike and all is well with it on that.
However on a more road orientated bike with firm suspension it tends to jiggle a lot more
You might consider a bit of extra foam or something around the gimbal and camera, because even with the supplied guard on the whole thing bounces a fair bit..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31